The best topic

Replies: 10518
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:56:41 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
???

Chicken and dumplings. With lots of fresh ground black pepper.

Are the dumplings like Yorkshire pudding?

The dumplings are like biscuit dough, that cooks in the chicken broth.

I had some at Cracker Barrel Saturday night lol.

This must be a Southern thang too  :laugh:

We don't have the same widespread concept of biscuits here..

We have dinner rolls and scones....neither of which is the same as American biscuits.

Anonymous

???

Nope, like Blazor said they are just biscuit dough. Probably one of the only good uses of cheap canned biscuits. Flatten out the raw biscuit, cut into pieces, coat with flour and drop in the into the boiling pot. The pot has chicken broth and meat, celery, onions, carrots and whatever other spices you want. Just one of those tasty, feels like home, kind of country meals. Nothing special just really good.

Canned biscuits?

Now I'm confused about what biscuits are..

And dumplings to at least is something like Chinese won ton or Herman's perogies.

Anonymous

???

We have dinner rolls and scones....neither of which is the same as American biscuits.

They are like Bisquick, if you've ever made or tried them.

Blazor

???

Nope, like Blazor said they are just biscuit dough. Probably one of the only good uses of cheap canned biscuits. Flatten out the raw biscuit, cut into pieces, coat with flour and drop in the into the boiling pot. The pot has chicken broth and meat, celery, onions, carrots and whatever other spices you want. Just one of those tasty, feels like home, kind of country meals. Nothing special just really good.

Canned biscuits?

And dumplings to at least is something like Chinese won ton or Herman's perogies.

:laugh:

Here ya go, these are canned biscuits lol...

https://www.pillsbury.com/-/media/PB/Images/products/biscuits/grands-refrigerated-biscuits/grands-biscuits-southern-homestyle-original-8ct.jpg?W=800">

^^^ those would be good for dumplings, but these are my favorite biscuit to go with dinners....

https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_afec1cdf-e926-463c-9953-e24f04ec2268.png">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Velvet"
???

Pretty much, but Im not a big fan of the Bisquick biscuit recipe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"
???

Yes, I've seen it in grocery stores.

Anonymous

???

Canned biscuits?

:laugh:

Here ya go, these are canned biscuits lol...

https://www.pillsbury.com/-/media/PB/Images/products/biscuits/grands-refrigerated-biscuits/grands-biscuits-southern-homestyle-original-8ct.jpg?W=800">

^^^ those would be good for dumplings, but these are my favorite biscuit to go with dinners....

https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_afec1cdf-e926-463c-9953-e24f04ec2268.png">

I buy Pillsbury croisants  once in a while.

Anonymous

I'm making beef and vegetable stir fry tonight.

Blazor

I tried getting a KFC pot pie last night for the first time, there was only ONE tiny piece of chicken in it! So disappointing.

Prolly have leftover turkey tonight, maybe an open faced turkey sammich.

Blazor

Well, that spice I was using the other day, its called Death Rain  :laugh:

Blair's Death Rain Habanero Spice is the hottest dry spice on Planet Earth! A dangerously hot combination of fiery pepper extract, habanero peppers and cayenne, Blair's Death Rain will fill your mouth with flavor, and strip the tastebuds from your tongue. It's so concentrated (70 times hotter than a jalapeno), that only a single granule is needed to produce an amazing amount of heat.

Ingredients: Red Savina Habañero peppers, Cayenne peppers, garlic, onion, paprika, salt, celery seed, rosemary, and oregano.

https://www.hotsauceplanet.com/v/vspfiles/photos/1635-2T.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Well, that spice I was using the other day, its called Death Rain  :laugh:

Blair's Death Rain Habanero Spice is the hottest dry spice on Planet Earth! A dangerously hot combination of fiery pepper extract, habanero peppers and cayenne, Blair's Death Rain will fill your mouth with flavor, and strip the tastebuds from your tongue. It's so concentrated (70 times hotter than a jalapeno), that only a single granule is needed to produce an amazing amount of heat.

Ingredients: Red Savina Habañero peppers, Cayenne peppers, garlic, onion, paprika, salt, celery seed, rosemary, and oregano.

Do you sprinkle a little on your food after it's cooked or during cooking?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Well, that spice I was using the other day, its called Death Rain  :laugh:

Could prolly do either one. It was served with the chicken chili this past weekend at my friend's house that does the Jam. We sprinkled it on top.

Was funny cause I started shaking it on like crazy, and her eyes got huge, and was like "BLAZOR! That stuff is hot!"  :laugh:

Anonymous

Could prolly do either one. It was served with the chicken chili this past weekend at my friend's house that does the Jam. We sprinkled it on top.

Was funny cause I started shaking it on like crazy, and her eyes got huge, and was like "BLAZOR! That stuff is hot!"  :laugh:

Too spicy overpowers the taste of your food.

Blazor

A lot of times yes, but this was a flavorful spicy that paired well with the chili. Im interested in getting some and trying it on some grilled chicken or salmon or something.

Anonymous

A lot of times yes, but this was a flavorful spicy that paired well with the chili. Im interested in getting some and trying it on some grilled chicken or salmon or something.

Thai food is spicy, but often not flavourful..

Korean food is spicy too, but very flavourful.