The best topic

Replies: 10563
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:33:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"I made an English breakfast on the bbq last night. Will do some burritos for tonight...

What's an English breakfast?

Sausage and eggs?

Sausage, eggs, steak, bacon, grilled vegetables (mushroom, zucchini, asparagus, onion, spinach) grilled tomato, hash browns, avocado, toast, whatever else you want...

That's a big breakfast.

It can be...

It is. What do you weigh? About 500 lbs?

About 75 kg...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

All that food weighs 75 kgs.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"All that food weighs 75 kgs.

Once a month or so... not so bad... it's good to gorge once in awhile...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We all feast at times.

Anonymous

We all feast at times.

Of course, and he didn't say he ate all of it or for how many people all of that food was meant to feed.

Frood

We all feast at times.

Of course, and he didn't say he ate all of it or for how many people all of that food was meant to feed.

Not everyone likes everything... little one likes steak but hates garlic mushrooms. Wife loves mushrooms but would rather eat cold tofu than a steak. Everyone likes bacon, sausages... Lo doesn't mind grilled zucchini but wife loves it. Neither can stomach grilled tomatoes. Wife hates baked beans. Everyone loves beetroot and avocado and sliced corn on the cob... LO stomachs spinach but I love it....

I like a little of everything but I hate tomato sauce... get it the hell away from my plate...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We all feast at times.

Not everyone likes everything... little one likes steak but hates garlic mushrooms. Wife loves mushrooms but would rather eat cold tofu than a steak. Everyone likes bacon, sausages... Lo doesn't mind grilled zucchini but wife loves it. Neither can stomach grilled tomatoes. Wife hates baked beans. Everyone loves beetroot and avocado and sliced corn on the cob... LO stomachs spinach but I love it....

I like a little of everything but I hate tomato sauce... get it the hell away from my plate...

I understand what you meant, but you know those mainlanders....they need everything explained to them.

:laugh:

Frood

We all feast at times.

I understand what you meant, but you know those mainlanders....they need everything explained to them.

ac_biggrin

Must be all that smog...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We all feast at times.

ac_biggrin

Must be all that smog...

Yes, I think so.

Anonymous

I'm making a beef and broccoli stir fry tonight.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm making a beef and broccoli stir fry tonight.

Nice, I made something similar last week.

Lets see, I made a meal on Sunday, and leftovers last night. It was Shake n Bake pork chops, with maple whiskey gouda mac and cheese, with green beans and biscuits. I hadnt had Shake n Bake in forever.

Tonight, Taco Tuesday!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I want to make a beef vegetable stew in the crock pot when I get home tomorrow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Lets see, I made a meal on Sunday, and leftovers last night. It was Shake n Bake pork chops, with maple whiskey gouda mac and cheese, with green beans and biscuits. I hadnt had Shake n Bake in forever.

Tonight, Taco Tuesday!

My husband would like your mac and cheese.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I want to make a beef vegetable stew in the crock pot when I get home tomorrow.

Only a couple more months left of winter comfort food, go for it!

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"

Tonight, Taco Tuesday!

My husband would like your mac and cheese.

Its so good. I usually use smoked gouda from a butcher up in Pennsylvania, but this time I went to the grocery store. They now have 5-6 goudas. I asked to try the maple whiskey one, and it was good. Better than their version of smoked anyway. The smoked from PA was awesome. I made it different in another way this time too, less pasta, so there was more cheese sauce ratio. Made it much better.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27074/smoked-gouda-mac-and-cheese/">https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27074 ... nd-cheese/">https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27074/smoked-gouda-mac-and-cheese/

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package seashell pasta

2 1/2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 1/2 cups milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch casserole dish.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until a roux forms. Stir in the milk, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth and thick and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.

Combine cooked pasta and cheese sauce; transfer to prepared dish.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through.