The best topic

Replies: 10668
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413873 time=1624286449 user_id=3254
I'm making fried tofu and bok choy with rice today for meatless Monday.

I had a very good beet power bowl yesterday.

Anonymous

I'm making spicy penne arrabiata tonight.

Frood

Cooked up a fair bit of marinated lamb slices and made souvlaki...
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

I have never ordered or had groceries delivered to me.  I'm extremely picky and need to get it myself.

We are big fruit and veggies eaters (well, when I'm hungry) and my produce NEEDS to be fresh.  I go every 2-3 days and get fresh stuff.

I've heard tooamy stories of bad produce being delivered...esp Bananas and avocados...most people will get the close to rotting or just going bad in general produce....I would have a freak fest if that was me...

Basically that's what grocery delivery is...you are getting the shit they want to get rid of.

Berry Sweet

No workie today, so we are gonna go to the other side of the city...enjoy a good meal at a Cafe we really like and enjoy the sun!  Have a good day peeps!

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=414100 time=1624478682 user_id=164
I have never ordered or had groceries delivered to me.  I'm extremely picky and need to get it myself.

We are big fruit and veggies eaters (well, when I'm hungry) and my produce NEEDS to be fresh.  I go every 2-3 days and get fresh stuff.

I've heard tooamy stories of bad produce being delivered...esp Bananas and avocados...most people will get the close to rotting or just going bad in general produce....I would have a freak fest if that was me...

Basically that's what grocery delivery is...you are getting the shit they want to get rid of.

There is a way to order what you want, by line item with added notes...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=414100 time=1624478682 user_id=164

I'm also quite picky about produce..

When I had groceries delivered, the people packing the order aren't picky.

Berry Sweet

There's many times I go check out veggies...carrots are bendable, Broccoli is yellow and brown...bell peppers are half rotten...green beans are all spotted brown and yucky...avocados are beyond even buying...not always but some days...mostly I go to the markets instead of grocery store...they are better.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=414106 time=1624479638 user_id=164
There's many times I go check out veggies...carrots are bendable, Broccoli is yellow and brown...bell peppers are half rotten...green beans are all spotted brown and yucky...avocados are beyond even buying...not always but some days...mostly I go to the markets instead of grocery store...they are better.

I notice all of these things too..

I find the T&T chain and Asian gorocers have the freshest and best quality produce.

Anonymous

I'm making black pepper chicken tonight.

Frood

I got a hamburger on my home from dropping off our daughter to her aunt and defacto uncle's. Wife got a green curry from a local Thai place.

I snuck two pieces of her chicken... lulz
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We're going to barbeque pork and veggie kebabs with corn on the cob and a caesar salad I bought from Save-On-Foods.

cc

Do you guys do corn on the barbeque ?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414409 time=1624730947 user_id=88

Yes, we do......it's common in Asia..

Unlike boiling corn, no butter and salt is necessary for flavour.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414409 time=1624730947 user_id=88

Try it next time you buy cobs of corn.