The best topic

Replies: 10483
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:40:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Flynn

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Doing the fat end of a brisket this weekend. Gonna start early Saturday morning. 10 hours on the pit. Should be great....

On a rotisserie kiebers?

No, just on the grill with indirect heat. We put a pan of liquid under it for moisture. We can maintain about 225F for 8 hours  starting with a good pile of charcoal and adding 5 briquets 3 to 4 times. We also add wood pieces for smoke. The last 2 hours we wrap it in foil and let it sit for 2 hours in a slow cooling pit. Takes about 2 hours for the coals get down to about 150F and we take it off. Tasty with the rub we use, and we use a lot of rub...LOL

Okay, I've never seen that done.

kiebers

We start a big pile of charcoal in the middle. Once its where it needs to be we move it to one side and get the temp where we want it. Put the liquid pan in and put the brisket on. 10 hours later.....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Doing the fat end of a brisket this weekend. Gonna start early Saturday morning. 10 hours on the pit. Should be great....

On a rotisserie kiebers?

No, just on the grill with indirect heat. We put a pan of liquid under it for moisture. We can maintain about 225F for 8 hours  starting with a good pile of charcoal and adding 5 briquets 3 to 4 times. We also add wood pieces for smoke. The last 2 hours we wrap it in foil and let it sit for 2 hours in a slow cooling pit. Takes about 2 hours for the coals get down to about 150F and we take it off. Tasty with the rub we use, and we use a lot of rub...LOL

Texans know their brisket.

Anonymous

That does it, I will drop over to your house after golf on Saturday. Don't worry, I will bring the soju and beer. ac_drinks

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That does it, I will drop over to your house after golf on Saturday. Don't worry, I will bring the soju and beer. ac_drinks

ac_drinks

Get on a plane and head to Houston. I'll get my son (41) to get some tee times and y'all can go play.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Heh, I'll be 41 in a few months lol.

I can be there in 20 hours driving time, dont start without me! lolol ;)
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Heh, I'll be 41 in a few months lol.

I can be there in 20 hours driving time, dont start without me! lolol ;)

Putting the rub on in a few minutes. Gonna let it sit all day and night and soak all that goodness up. Timing should be just about perfect. Get here in time for a few margarita's before chowing down.... :3og2y8p:

Blazor

Putting the rub on in a few minutes. Gonna let it sit all day and night and soak all that goodness up. Timing should be just about perfect. Get here in time for a few margarita's before chowing down.... :3og2y8p:

Sounds SOOOOOO good lol.

I've been to Fort Hood area in Kileen before.

Anonymous

ac_drinks

Get on a plane and head to Houston. I'll get my son (41) to get some tee times and y'all can go play.

See you tomorrow. ac_drinks

kiebers

Sounds like a party to me....

ac_drinks

See you tomorrow. ac_drinks

Quote from: "Blazor"

Sounds SOOOOOO good lol.

I've been to Fort Hood area in Kileen before.

Anonymous

^^What are we having for sides with  the brisket?

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^What are we having for sides with  the brisket?

Cowboy baked beans and potato salad

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6RgolSB0M&t=313s

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^What are we having for sides with  the brisket?

">

They look really good.

Blazor

Dude! I make the BEST baked beans! Im always asked to bring 'em lol.

Yes it does sound like a party lol.

Anonymous

Nobody in my family likes baked beans.

ac_umm