The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"I had beef and bean chimichangas with nachos and jalapeno cheese.

I don't like Mexican food much.

:sad:

I love it lol. Cant wait for Taco Tuesday  :laugh:

Do you not like it cause it spicy, or cause it smells or something?

I know Mexican food is popular, especially in the USA, but I don't like the taste.

Maybe you just havent had good Mexican  :laugh:

There is this one dish I like that has shrimp, peppers, squash and zucchini, so good.

But tacos, I could eat at least once a week lol. I am particular though, like I dont like the Ortega or Old ElPaso brands anymore. I get Kroger brand season and shells. I also use ground turkey instead of burger. Some cheddar on the bottom, some meat, Texas Pete hot sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, maybe avocado, yum!

:yuk:

White  people will eat anything.

Don't think this is true. Like the Blazer said hed try anything once. What about Sea food? I adore fresh raw oysters. By the dozen. How about Calamari, Salmon, Dorado?

Blazor

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Don't think this is true. Like the Blazer said hed try anything once. What about Sea food? I adore fresh raw oysters. By the dozen. How about Calamari, Salmon, Dorado?

I LOVE seafood. I eat salmon once a week. Love some shrimp. I cant do raw oysters lol, but I'll eat 'em cooked by the plenty. Never heard of Dorado though.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Twenty Dollars

I LOVE seafood. I eat salmon once a week. Love some shrimp. I cant do raw oysters lol, but I'll eat 'em cooked by the plenty. Never heard of Dorado though.

The Latins here call it Dorado. It's known as Mahi Mahi in Hawall. Really good sport fishing fish, and awesome to eat. When you land a big bull, they are a deep golden color that slips away as they die. Sad in a way, but time to eat. I like it sautéed in butter with garlic.

Blazor

The Latins here call it Dorado. It's known as Mahi Mahi in Hawall. Really good sport fishing fish, and awesome to eat. When you land a big bull, they are a deep golden color that slips away as they die. Sad in a way, but time to eat. I like it sautéed in butter with garlic.

Ah ok, Mahi Mahi, thats what they call it at the store here. I havent had it though but always wondered how good it was.

kiebers

Mahi Mahi/dorado/dolphin is so good. I like it blackened with an Alexander sauce. Just too awesome. Depending on the chef the sauce has shrimp, crab, scallops and sometimes crawfish. You could put it over rice and make a meal out of that...a very rich meal but a meal...LOL The liquid sauce is very similar to an etouffee, creamy and super rich. As TD said very beautiful fish.

Not me but a good pic of the colors when just caught.

https://i.imgur.com/feuy9eq.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Ah ok, Mahi Mahi, thats what they call it at the store here. I havent had it though but always wondered how good it was.

Fairly large flakes and firm meat. Try it. Come to Houston and we will go out and have some, my treat. Pappadeaux's has excellent blackened mahi....Add a margarita and heaven....LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Fairly large flakes and firm meat. Try it. Come to Houston and we will go out and have some, my treat. Pappadeaux's has excellent blackened mahi....Add a margarita and heaven....LOL

Does sound really good, especially blackened, blackened fish is real good.

Ok man, if Im ever near there I'll be sure to swing in  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Mahi Mahi/dorado/dolphin is so good. I like it blackened with an Alexander sauce. Just too awesome. Depending on the chef the sauce has shrimp, crab, scallops and sometimes crawfish. You could put it over rice and make a meal out of that...a very rich meal but a meal...LOL The liquid sauce is very similar to an etouffee, creamy and super rich. As TD said very beautiful fish.

I think I tried mahi mahi in the Caribbean. I can't remember.

kiebers

It's a very good "white" meat fish....

:laugh3:  :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It's a very good "white" meat fish....

:laugh3:  :laugh3:

I won't hold that against it.

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"Mahi Mahi/dorado/dolphin is so good. I like it blackened with an Alexander sauce. Just too awesome. Depending on the chef the sauce has shrimp, crab, scallops and sometimes crawfish. You could put it over rice and make a meal out of that...a very rich meal but a meal...LOL The liquid sauce is very similar to an etouffee, creamy and super rich. As TD said very beautiful fish.

Must have been a nice change from steamed fish heads and rice.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Must have been a nice change from steamed fish heads and rice.

Renee.

:23tfup5:

Twenty Dollars

That's a nice bull. I'd guess 40lbs. I was fishing 35 miles out of Flamingo during the rainy season once. There were these big trash lines 100 feet round. Our rods went nuts catching Dorado, Big Eye, a few Wahoo, and a Triple tail. We kept a few Dorado some Tuna, the Wahoo, and the Triple tail. I'd never heard of Triple tail before. Awsome tasting fish. I love Tuna Poke.

kiebers

Now I will gross everyone else out....breakfast...sausage gravy over biscuits and eggs.

https://i.imgur.com/Qv06g3N.jpg?1">