The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Now I will gross everyone else out....breakfast...sausage gravy over biscuits and eggs.

https://i.imgur.com/Qv06g3N.jpg?1">

Yuck

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "kiebers"I just ordered some Green Chile Chipotle Relish. Should be tasty and spicy. Sounds good.

tomatoes, sugar, green chiles, chipotles, adobo, vinegar, onions, salt, paprika, soybean oil and spices.

https://i.imgur.com/hCJ1I02.png?1">

I don't know this.

I've never tried this condiment either Priscilla, but it's home made and I would assume delicious.

We finally opened the jar tonight. A nice smokey bite to it. The kind that makes you want to go back for more. It is sweet. Going to put it on some tamales and chili and see how it works there. I think it would be good with chicken and rice or pasta. Pretty tasty.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "kiebers"I just ordered some Green Chile Chipotle Relish. Should be tasty and spicy. Sounds good.

tomatoes, sugar, green chiles, chipotles, adobo, vinegar, onions, salt, paprika, soybean oil and spices.

https://i.imgur.com/hCJ1I02.png?1">

I don't know this.

I've never tried this condiment either Priscilla, but it's home made and I would assume delicious.

We finally opened the jar tonight. A nice smokey bite to it. The kind that makes you want to go back for more. It is sweet. Going to put it on some tamales and chili and see how it works there. I think it would be good with chicken and rice or pasta. Pretty tasty.

I would imagine it would be good on bbq  smokies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Now I will gross everyone else out....breakfast...sausage gravy over biscuits and eggs.

What is sausage gravy made from?

Is beef broth used to make it?

kiebers

No broth used

In this case...Cook the sausage like ground hamburger, crumbled. Remove from skillet and heavily blot the sausage to remove grease. Add butter to the skillet and put sausage back in. Sprinkle flour to cover the sausage stir, add milk and stir, may have to add more flour if too runny or milk if too thick.

1 lb sausage

approx 1/3 - 1/2 cup flour

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

No broth used

In this case...Cook the sausage like ground hamburger, crumbled. Remove from skillet and heavily blot the sausage to remove grease. Add butter to the skillet and put sausage back in. Sprinkle flour to cover the sausage stir, add milk and stir, may have to add more flour if too runny or milk if too thick.

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

It sounds as unhealthy as it looks kiebers.

Anonymous

No broth used

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

I've seen it at buffets in Las Vegas and Houston. No fucking way was I going to try it.

kiebers

No broth used

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

But it is sooooo good. LOL

Anonymous

No broth used

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

I have serious doubts about that kiebs.

kiebers

Anonymous

No broth used

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

I doubt I would like it.

Blazor

I've never been a big fan of sausage and gravy unless its real good, and that looks real good man  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

@realAzhyaAryola

My grandparents would have enjoyed this. I would too except I musn't consume that much gravy to maintain a healthy lifestyle but once in a while should be okay.

My grandparents had a small poultry farm and my grandfather would break fresh laid eggs over a plate of steaming hot rice. Imagine that? I loved it! Now, you get warnings not to consume fresh eggs but the hot rice seem to cook it. It turns the rice yellow. Yum!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

I see everyone saying yuck lol, its true that it can be gross, but if you come across a good batch, eat it up while you can lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

@realAzhyaAryola

No broth used

1 lb sausage

1 to 1-1/2 cups milk.

half stick of butter

I doubt I would like it.

I always tell my children to try it first before they declare they don't like it. I can tell you the many times I did not like the appearance of a certain dish but loved it once I tried it. I don't like gravy on my biscuit though. I don't like my breads runny with anything on it that makes them wet.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]