The best topic

Replies: 10485
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:01:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Deer is about all I hunt now. Used to do a lot of duck hunting. Love venison though.

I don't hunt, but I love fishing. Must be the Japanese in me. Do you do any fresh water fishing?

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"Deer is about all I hunt now. Used to do a lot of duck hunting. Love venison though.

I don't hunt, but I love fishing. Must be the Japanese in me. Do you do any fresh water fishing?

I used to. We have a place on the bay in Galveston so all we have done is fish saltwater. We prefer the taste of the saltwater fish so it works out nice. One of the reasons we have been together for so long. We both really love to fish.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

I used to. We have a place on the bay in Galveston so all we have done is fish saltwater. We prefer the taste of the saltwater fish so it works out nice. One of the reasons we have been together for so long. We both really love to fish.

I prefer saltwater fish too kiebers.

Anonymous

A treat tonight, we're having paninis and home made onion rings.

Twenty Dollars

Didn't know you liked to fish. I go once or twice a week. Down the beach for jacks, snapper. Up the estero for snook. Now and then outside for Tuna and dorado. It's been really rainy this month so far. Water is clearing nicely now. I prefer sail water fish too. There are some Tico locals who do very well with hand lines. Fun to watch them. Suerte!

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Venison makes such good taco meat. We usually take the back strap and tenderloin as is. A few pounds of ground and the rest in spicy sausage and summer sausage. The ground makes amazing tacos. It really lends itself well to the taco spices. Son was asking what I had available for him to use to go hunting. Only had one that I would let him use without me going with. The others are very sentimental.

Yes!!! I love deer meat tacos! I also love deer meatloaf, deer chili, deer spaghetti, deer roast, deer steaks, deer jerky, and yes the sausage and summer sausage is so good too lol.

Ever get the sweet meat? Its a small bit of meat, on the underside of the spine from the backstraps. Its not much, looks like a big camel toe in a way lol. But it is the BEST part for a small steak. A lot dont know about that sliver.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Ever get the sweet meat? Its a small bit of meat, on the underside of the spine from the backstraps. Its not much, looks like a big camel toe in a way lol. But it is the BEST part for a small steak. A lot dont know about that sliver.

That's the tenderloin isn't it? We usually slice it into small medallions, flour and brown (using olive oil) it with onions then place them in a casserole dish. Pour the skillet leavings all over it and add a dollop of ketchup and brown sugar and bake it for another 45 minutes or so and the ketchup/brown sugar glaze it makes is awesome. We do the back strap this way as well.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

That's the tenderloin isn't it? We usually slice it into small medallions, flour and brown (using olive oil) it with onions then place them in a casserole dish. Pour the skillet leavings all over it and add a dollop of ketchup and brown sugar and bake it for another 45 minutes or so and the ketchup/brown sugar glaze it makes is awesome. We do the back strap this way as well.

That may be it! The tenderloin lol. Damn that sounds good, making me hungry lol.

kiebers

That may be it! The tenderloin lol. Damn that sounds good, making me hungry lol.

We usually serve it over wild rice and a side of  mushroom green beans or something like that.

Blazor

We usually serve it over wild rice and a side of  mushroom green beans or something like that.

My belly grumbled right after I read that lol. Lunch is still an hour away  :laugh:

realgrimm

cooking up battered chicken pieces and BBQ sauce dip

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"cooking up battered chicken pieces and BBQ sauce dip

Any vegetables or salad realgrimm?

Blazor

I made those not long ago, one of the favorites in my house. You fry 'em in a cast iron skillet I hope? Or deep frying them?

Tonight Im just having corn dogs lol.

realgrimm

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Veggies are for pussies I still have a primary school palate , I don't touch em(some exceptions)

I made those not long ago, one of the favorites in my house. You fry 'em in a cast iron skillet I hope? Or deep frying them?

Tonight Im just having corn dogs lol.

Nope I baked them it's my preferred  since the batters real crispy

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Veggies are for pussies

I see realgrimm..

I guess I'm a pussy.

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2013/11/22/23/45/pussy-cat-216062__340.jpg">