The best topic

Replies: 10472
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 27, 2024, 06:55:02 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I stepped outside my food comfort zone because of pressure from my family.

And its a good thing you did, everyone was happy  ac_smile
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I got chicken cordon bleu in the oven.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"I would say have 'em on Taco Tuesday, but with fish, its Fish Taco Friday lol. Mmmm fish tacos. Shrimp goes good in 'em too. Salmon prolly as well, but dont think I've done salmon.

It was a learning experience for me..

Step out more, Fash. There is more to consume out there. Try Greek, Mediterranean, French, etcetera. Sushi even, just not fresh fish if you don't like fresh fish.

I fed my children all sorts of foods so that I can take them anywhere. It works. They eat anything and everything.  :laugh:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Blazor"I would say have 'em on Taco Tuesday, but with fish, its Fish Taco Friday lol. Mmmm fish tacos. Shrimp goes good in 'em too. Salmon prolly as well, but dont think I've done salmon.

It was a learning experience for me..

Step out more, Fash. There is more to consume out there. Try Greek, Mediterranean, French, etcetera. Sushi even, just not fresh fish if you don't like fresh fish.

I fed my children all sorts of foods so that I can take them anywhere. It works. They eat anything and everything.  :laugh:

I'm really glad I tried the fish tacos..

Thanks to Blazor and kiebers for helping to expand my culinary horizons.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Thiel

I will be going out to a Greek restaurant in a hour hour. I'm having chicken and rice. Maybe share a bottle of ouzo.
gay, conservative and proud

Blazor

Next it will be margaritas on Wednesday  :laugh:

Tacos are a gateway drug to margaritas lol.

I had KFC on Saturday.

Had fried catfish, Spanish rice, and home cooked pinto beans last night with cornbread.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"

Next it will be margaritas on Wednesday  :laugh:

Tacos are a gateway drug to margaritas lol.

I had KFC on Saturday.

Had fried catfish, Spanish rice, and home cooked pinto beans last night with cornbread.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Indeed they are...I will be doing without the Wednesday nights for a few months. I am starting a very strange diet later this week. Same one Penn Jillette used to lose 100 lbs in 3-4 months. Not going to go quite as drastic but it can only help. We shall see.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Tonight is Asian noodle salad with chicken breast skewers.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

:laugh:  :laugh:

Indeed they are...I will be doing without the Wednesday nights for a few months. I am starting a very strange diet later this week. Same one Penn Jillette used to lose 100 lbs in 3-4 months. Not going to go quite as drastic but it can only help. We shall see.

As in no alcohol, or no Mexican, or both?

What kind of diet?

kiebers

Both actually for a while. Pretty much a vegan diet, but I am not going to be vegan after I lose what I want.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Both actually for a while. Pretty much a vegan diet, but I am not going to be vegan after I lose what I want.

Oh man, good luck with that. I tried vegan for one week, could not do it lol.

I tell ya what helped me lose some weight, sticking to only eating what swims, flies, or comes from the ground. No snacking, or if so make sure its not before bed by at least a few hours, at least no sugary snacks. Lemon water, lemon is a natural fat burner. I get these True Lemon additives that is all natural and has 1 gram of sugar. 30 minutes of aerobic like exercise 3 times a week, or dancing your ass off lol, think Richard Simmons lol. Low carb helps too. Some are doing that keto (sp?) diet, but no carb is bad I think. I try and keep between 50-100 grams a day. I lost 30lbs in 2 months by doing the first few things, lost 7lbs in a few weeks on the low carb.

My eating habits went to shit a while back lol, and I gained some back. I do try and eat a lil healthier at least some of the week though. I need to get back in the groove, winter does it to me every time.

Btw, tequila is one of the healthier alcoholic beverages lol, low carb and sugar.

Blazor

Just dont be the guy that dies and his last thing he ate was water chestnuts lol.

Not trying to jinx you! (knocks on wood)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Just dont be the guy that dies and his last thing he ate was water chestnuts lol.

Not trying to jinx you! (knocks on wood)

:laugh3:

Anonymous

I'm making broccoli quinoa casserole for meatless Mondays.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm making broccoli quinoa casserole for meatless Mondays.

Kiebers is doing Meatless March, and Angus free April  :laugh:

Gotta be hard for a Texan.

Kiebers, another thing to watch is sodium. Sodium makes you gain too. Your body tricks itself and goes into storage mode.