Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Game of Thrones?

Started by Odinson, May 26, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

My antennas are naturally drawn to period or fantasy series on TV or on Netflix. However, if Sean Bean is in that series, it's like my bazooka is locked and loaded and I will aim for that series 100%. I am still hurting over the demise of Ned Stark. I can usually predict that if Sean Bean is in a series or in a movie, that is a good one worth watching. His acting is superb.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Wazzzup

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My antennas are naturally drawn to period or fantasy series on TV or on Netflix. However, if Sean Bean is in that series, it's like my bazooka is locked and loaded and I will aim for that series 100%. I am still hurting over the demise of Ned Stark. I can usually predict that if Sean Bean is in a series or in a movie, that is a good one worth watching. His acting is superb.
I rewatched the first season-- IMO the best season by far.  It really is genius level stuff IMO.  The death of Ned stark was like a Shakespearean tragedy. It was written perfectly.  Sean Bean of course was brilliant.

@realAzhyaAryola

He always is but for the life of me I cannot fathom that he is now with wife number 5. He could be a jerk of a husband. I hope the fifth one is the one who is here to stay.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Here is Sean Bean being Sean Bean.

">
@realAzhyaAryola

Odinson

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"They built the wall, founded the nights watch... All for an enemy that was defeated in one battle..

And even after serious strategic mistakes, they still had half of their troops left.
I agree. Watching the battle was cool visually but it was a but cringy for how  they fought it. Also Seven seasons of building up this fight and even two episodes this season of pre fight, and its over in one battle cause little arya stabbed one white walker.  

I also think its a bit anticlimactic that in the LAST battle they are fighting cersei, instead of white walkers and zombie dragons.    

I suppose even the best shows have problems, though it may have some faults, its still great tv.

The night king was supposed to have a real mission.. Like, after 8000 years, why has he awaken now..

I was expecting a battle for Winterfell but our heroes getting defeated.

Some of them survive and fall back towards kings landing where they join forces with Cersei..

The grand final battle against white walkers happens in kings landing... And Cersei gets killed in the aftermath.
I like that Odie.  maybe they should have gone with that

Before the season started what I was expecting to happen was somewhere between the two.  I thought circei and the starks etc. would unite and fight the white walker crew, then when they won I thought circei would turn on the starks etc, and she would be killed in a more quick battle..

Almost a year ago I was listening to the "plot leaks" and they described a battle against the night king down south.

Cersei is at best a side-baddie..
Yeah not the best choice for the plot direction of the show IMO. These guys were very good at adapting George RR martins books.  But when it comes to creating rather than adapting they don't measure up.  Too bad old GRRM got lazy and stopped writing.

The older seasons are wayy better..

Even now when I rewatch them.

It started to turn during the 6th season.

Its like they lost a good writer or something.

Odinson

Actually... Season 5..

When Stannis got destroyed by 20 good men.

They become entangled in the complicated plot and then they use bullshit like that to kill off characters..

@realAzhyaAryola

Don't miss the 2-hour documentary on May 26.
@realAzhyaAryola

Wazzzup

Apparently Daenerys' isn't the only one who has gone mad.

Some leftards are using game of thrones to complain about "the patriarchy"

'Game of Thrones' fates of Cersei and Daenerys Targaryen send mixed messages about female power

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/game-thrones-fates-cersei-daenerys-targaryen-send-mixed-messages-about-ncna1005046">https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/g ... cna1005046">https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/game-thrones-fates-cersei-daenerys-targaryen-send-mixed-messages-about-ncna1005046

QuoteAs we head into the final episode, it's all fallout and resetting as the patriarchy looks to once again strike down a woman for an insane display of power.

Same article points out writers are white men--

Quotewriting team comprised almost exclusively of white men. (The show has had an all-male writing and directing team from season five onward.)

Two other articles on the "Patriarchy"

Game of Thrones season 8 has failed all of its female characters – especially Cersei Lannister

https://www.stylist.co.uk/long-reads/game-thrones-8-writers-anti-feminist-female-characters-backlash-daenerys-cersei/266884">https://www.stylist.co.uk/long-reads/ga ... sei/266884">https://www.stylist.co.uk/long-reads/game-thrones-8-writers-anti-feminist-female-characters-backlash-daenerys-cersei/266884

EDIT I was surprised when I did a search, there are actually several articles in the past about the partiarchy feminisms et al in GOT. It seems Daenerys' just went crazy, but the leftards have been crazy a lot longer. :laugh:

Odinson

The strong female characters are ruining every TV-show and movie.

The dragon queen has always been lame..

You never got the "Bend the knee BITCHES!" "Let me just park my D on this throne" feeling from Daenerys.. She is just a tiny woman..

Odinson

Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon had that like a boss vibe..

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon had that like a boss vibe..

I didn't get that as much from Stannis, but I did from Tywin, he was definitely a bad guy, but he was smart and had that air of a leader about him.  That's something missing from this season is smart good guys and bad guys.  Tyrion used to be very clever manipulator now he is just a plain vanilla good guy.

Speaking of, I wonder if Dany is going to execute Tyrion in the next episode for letting Jaime free????

BTW This last episode was the lowest rated of all GOT episodes by fan vote on the Rotten Tomatoes review site.  Make of that what you will.

Bricktop

I can't help but feel that no matter what they did, fans would turn away.

It's ending. This is the show's swansong. There is no ongoing sagas, twists, plots and sub plots. Yibbida yibbida, that's all folks.

How else could they wind it down to its termination? Varys reaped what he sowed as a devious, Machiavellian schemer. Jaime and Cersei paid for their sins. Mountain and Hound died the only way possible. Dany turned into her father. Tyrion became utterly impotent.

Final series rarely get fans' approval.

caskur

When the box set comes out we'll probably watch the first 3 episodes in one go.

We will lock all doors and the front gates, then turn off all phones and modems,...

Nothing is going to get in our way.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"I can't help but feel that no matter what they did, fans would turn away.

It's ending. This is the show's swansong. There is no ongoing sagas, twists, plots and sub plots. Yibbida yibbida, that's all folks.

How else could they wind it down to its termination? Varys reaped what he sowed as a devious, Machiavellian schemer. Jaime and Cersei paid for their sins. Mountain and Hound died the only way possible. Dany turned into her father. Tyrion became utterly impotent.

Final series rarely get fans' approval.

True very hard to end a show, especially one that's been so good and so popular in a way that satisfies fans.  Although Breaking Bad did.  But yeah it's very heard to do.  

And even if its ending in a less satisfying way than people would like, its still better than everything else on TV right now.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "caskur"When the box set comes out we'll probably watch the first 3 episodes in one go.

We will lock all doors and the front gates, then turn off all phones and modems,...

Nothing is going to get in our way.
Don't know if its available in OZ but if you use the available HBO GO app on your TV like I do you can watch every episode now for free.