Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Game of Thrones?

Started by Odinson, May 26, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I wish I had watched GoT, so I could participate in this discussion.

ac_unsure

Wazzzup

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"If somebody tries to kill Daenerys, they better remember she can't be burned by fire.

Why not? Is she protected by magic?
I found this info on the internet--
QuoteThe author has dismissed the idea that Daenerys cannot be harmed by fire in the past. "TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE!," he said during a discussion with fans. 'The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived.
So I guess it was a one time thing. ac_dunno

Odinson

And she walked out of that fire in vaes dothrak...

When she burned those Khals in season 6.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"I wish I had watched GoT, so I could participate in this discussion.

ac_unsure

If you watch the first 4 episodes you'll become addicted.

There is quite a bit of nudity... but that petered out in later episodes. I think the nudity was a hook for the male audience.

The worst violence in my opinion was the torture of a character called, Theon Greyjoy. That was hard to watch. Other than that, it's a very watchable show but others may disagree with my critique.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"If somebody tries to kill Danyreus, they better remember she can't be burned by fire.

Why not? Is she protected by magic?

She is a Targeryan.

The cannot be burned by fire. That's why the can control dragons.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"And she walked out of that fire in vaes dothrak...

When she burned those Khals in season 6.
Yep you're right Odi, she sure did. (I forgot about that)

Here it is

">

Which makes me wonder what the deal was.  Just a guess-- George RR martin wanted her fireproof thing with the dragons to be a one time deal, but since he was too lazy to write books for the show anymore, the writers decided she was permanently fireproof and write her that way in season 6 ep 4.

Wazzzup

BTW I saw this commentary on line

QuoteGeorge Martin clearly got bored with the Game of Thrones television show, so he chucked it over to the Hollywood writers to wrap it up. Sadly they don't seem competent for the task, because the fans are complaining mightily about the soap opera rush job that is the last season. The screenwriters seem tired of the whole thing, they're chucking it because they'd rather be writing Star Wars movies. At first I thought that they were ruining the last season on purpose because they felt the network wasn't paying them enough, but now I see they just don't have the imagination and writing skills to do this.

I think its a bit unfair .  They are good writers.  The dialog is still quite good.  Its just some of the plot paths the HBO writers chose don't seem to be the best decisions IMO.  Thing is though, if it hadn't been preceded by 7 great seasons, people wouldn't be complaining they would say it was a good show.  

I think the George RR martin collaboration with the HBO writers produced the best result.  RR Martin wrote the plots and the events and the writers did a great job adapting them.  But RR Martin lost interest in writing the books, and the HBO people had to write everything and so it was not as good as the previous bunch.  

Also I heard a good writer once say the middle is easy its beginnings and endings that are hard.

Wazzzup

BTW I saw this commentary on line

QuoteGeorge Martin clearly got bored with the Game of Thrones television show, so he chucked it over to the Hollywood writers to wrap it up. Sadly they don't seem competent for the task, because the fans are complaining mightily about the soap opera rush job that is the last season. The screenwriters seem tired of the whole thing, they're chucking it because they'd rather be writing Star Wars movies. At first I thought that they were ruining the last season on purpose because they felt the network wasn't paying them enough, but now I see they just don't have the imagination and writing skills to do this.

I think its a bit unfair .  They are good writers.  The dialog is still quite good.  Its just some of the plot paths the HBO writers chose don't seem to be the best decisions IMO.  Its not that its bad, its just not as good as it SHOULD have been.

I think the George RR martin collaboration with the HBO writers produced the best result.  RR Martin wrote the plots and the events and the writers did a great job adapting them.  But RR Martin lost interest in writing the books, and the HBO people had to write everything and so it was not as good a process for turning out the best quality result.

Also I heard a good writer once say the middle is easy, its beginnings and endings that are hard.

Wazzzup

Yeah, didn't like the last episode of the series.  Not sure why the dragon let snow live, same with the unsullied, when he killed their queen.

Worst of all though Brandon Stark as king.  Because why?  Because he fell out a window as a kid.  Well that certainly means he can govern well. :oeudC:

caskur

HA, I just started reading the recap of ep 6... I KNEW Jon would kill her..He was the only one with more power....lol

Jon killed Daenerys, score 1 for me.

Back to the recap.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I knew Bran would end up on the throne however, Jon is the rightful King and he is still alive...Think about it.

The spin-off will be he comes back... That's what'll happen IF they make spin-off shows.

I got 2 predictions right. I can't wait to watch it all now. I'll leave the last minute surprises of the other characters until I binge watch it ALL.
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

The prequel spinoff..

Is it possible that they didnt explain the night king because they wanted to leave that to the new series?

Odinson

The last episode sucked..

The whole season sucked..

Wazzzup

Quote from: "caskur"I knew Bran would end up on the throne however, Jon is the rightful King and he is still alive...Think about it.

The spin-off will be he comes back... That's what'll happen IF they make spin-off shows.

I got 2 predictions right. I can't wait to watch it all now. I'll leave the last minute surprises of the other characters until I binge watch it ALL.
No,the one spin off planned takes place a thousand years before.  It won't have any of the same characters in it.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"The last episode sucked..

Yeah the last episode was really bad.  Most fans are saying its the worst of the entire series by far (before that it was the episode before it.)It started out well with Dany making her speech.  That was good.  Then John Kills her.  You could kind of see that coming, but yeah that makes sense.  But then after that it just got worse and worse

Quote from: "Odinson"The whole season sucked..

Gotta agree for the most part, at least compared to the other 7.

Episodes 1 and 2 were a little slow but pretty good.

Episode 3 the big battle was good except some of the strategy was silly

Episode 4 the aftermath of the battle was good

That's when things really went down hill quickly

Episode 5 where dany goes coo coo was pretty bad

Episode 6 the grand finale sucked