Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Game of Thrones?

Started by Odinson, May 26, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I think he nailed it when it said, in effect, they were tired. The producers, the actors and all involved needed to move on.

Erica Mena

What else is there to binge watch ?
<t></t>

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think he nailed it when it said, in effect, they were tired. The producers, the actors and all involved needed to move on.
So was RR Martin.  He stopped writing the books in 2011.

I agree that probably is the best explanation.  Although they should have doubled down their efforts even if it was difficult, so they could be proud of themselves.  

Now they will live in shame for years because they couldn't be bothered to give it the extra push to get it right.

One of the best shows ever made with a very mediocre ending, only because they didn't want to put in the effort.. :sad:

@realAzhyaAryola

I just find it unfair to us the adoring fans that they strip us of the pleasure to see it to its true end. If Martin says it could have gone on to further seasons, why didn't they do that? It is therefore unfinished in my eyes. I hope a movie will come out to finish it off perhaps.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena"What else is there to binge watch ?

Outlander..

@realAzhyaAryola

Medici

Supernatural

Knightfall

Roman Empire (Sean Bean narrates)

And a host of others...
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Why was it necessary for Ned Stark to conceal the true identity of Jon to his wife Catelyn?
@realAzhyaAryola

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Why was it necessary for Ned Stark to conceal the true identity of Jon to his wife Catelyn?

Because he was heir to the throne and being a baby he would have been unable to protect himself from being murdered.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Why was it necessary for Ned Stark to conceal the true identity of Jon to his wife Catelyn?

Because he was heir to the throne and being a baby he would have been unable to protect himself from being murdered.

That's a good explanation. but I think a better one is the writer(s) hadn't come up with the idea yet. :wink:

Bricktop

I think you're generally right. The writers really made a mess of the end in retrospect.

It was awful. Such a shame.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think you're generally right. The writers really made a mess of the end in retrospect.

It was awful. Such a shame.
It is unfortunately a shame  :sad:  

Although now that its done and I've had a chance to grieve over the lousy ending :laugh:

I am thinking more about all the great stuff --the tragic murder of Ned Stark for being an honorable man.  Tyrion reluctantly leading the Lannister Army to defend casterly rock when Joffrey chickened out and hid.  The red wedding was genius--probably the most shocking surprise I have ever seen in any movie or TV show.  Joffrey getting poisoned, another huge surprise, and more.

When it was at its best it was fantastic.  I'm going to try and be thankful for those moments.

Bricktop

Amen.

Maybe the spinoffs will pick up loose threads.

caskur

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

That's a good explanation.

Maybe Ned didn't know his sister secretly married the Mad King's eldest son so Jon wasn't really illegitimate per se. Better to be illegimate to Lord Ned Stark than his sister Lyanna who would be shunned or thought of disparagingly if no one knew she married Prince Rhaegar Targaryen... Lord Ned Stark was protecting Lyanna's reputation.

But you know what, if people are upset he didn't disclose the full story to his wife, then people are naieve about men and what info they give up to their wives.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Maybe Ned didn't know his sister secretly married the Mad King's eldest son so Jon wasn't really illegitimate per se. Better to be illegimate to Lord Ned Stark than his sister Lyanna who would be shunned or thought of disparagingly if no one knew she married Prince Rhaegar Targaryen... Lord Ned Stark was protecting Lyanna's reputation.

But you know what, if people are upset he didn't disclose the full story to his wife, then people are naieve about men and what info they give up to their wives.

Well what really happened is RR martin wanted snow to be ned stark's bastard.  Then in season 6 the new writers got an idea for a twist-- make John snow a targaryen and heir to the throne.

If we were to put this in real life--it certainly would be possible that Ned Stark's sister's dying wish was that he take Snow in and raise him, and of course not reveal his targaryen ancestry for fear he would be killed.  That all makes sense.  

But then in the real world, if John Snow said he was the true heir, if dany were shrewd, she would say "oh yeah? prove it"   He might have a hard time with that since he has black hair, not targaryen silver hair, and there's probably no Westeros dna test. :sad:

caskur

Well what really happened is RR martin wanted snow to be ned stark's bastard.  Then in season 6 the new writers got an idea for a twist-- make John snow a targaryen and heir to the throne.

If we were to put this in real life--it certainly would be possible that Ned Stark's sister's dying wish was that he take Snow in and raise him, and of course not reveal his targaryen ancestry for fear he would be killed.  That all makes sense.  

But then in the real world, if John Snow said he was the true heir, if dany were shrewd, she would say "oh yeah? prove it"   He might have a hard time with that since he has black hair, not targaryen silver hair, and there's probably no Westeros dna test. :sad:

You're forgetting one huge thing... DNA... Jon being Targaryen means he is fire proof like Dany was fire proof in his DNA.. It is why he could walk up to the dragon and stroke his nose. That's the DND test so to speak... the dragon smelled "family" in Jon's genes.
- Andy Warhol