Replies: 7512
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:51:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

This n that

Started by DKG, March 31, 2023, 07:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Johnny Wactor – the former star of the popular soap opera "General Hospital" – is dead at 37 after being fatally shot in downtown Los Angeles during an alleged catalytic converter theft, according to multiple reports.

Wactor's mother, Scarlett Wactor, told TMZ that her son and one of his coworkers noticed "three men messing with Johnny's car" in downtown Los Angeles early Saturday morning.

The mother said that Wactor "didn't try to fight or stop them," but the "men shot him anyway before taking off."

DKG

A tire company in California was ordered to stop playing loud music near a homeless encampment after a homeless man filed a lawsuit against the company.

"The first night, I got to bed at 1 a.m.. The second night, I got no sleep during the night. And the third night, Sunday night, I had no way to get any sleep," said Bruce Gaylord to KGO-TV.

Gaylord said that he has lived in the encampment in the city of San Rafael, California, since last year after he stopped to get medications in Barstow to treat his mental illness and his truck was stolen.

The encampment is located next to the East Bay Tire Company on Lincoln Ave. Gaylord said that they recently began to blare out classical music in an effort to drive away the homeless people living there.

"It was painful," he said of the music. "That's how loud it was. Rock concert loud."

He said that he tried to call police but that they didn't help him. So, he called homeless advocate Robbie Powelson, who went down to document the music near the encampment.

Powelson filed a lawsuit against the company, and a judge ordered them to temporarily stop the music.

While the company denies that the music is intended to drive away the homeless, Gaylord said he will press on with the lawsuit in order to defend the people at the encampment.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: DKG on Today at 10:32:27 AMHe said that he tried to call police but that they didn't help him.

"Fire solves a great many things" - Ember, Borderlands 3 Handsome Jack DLC