The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Jehovah's Witness followers

Started by keeper, March 21, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Quote from: "RW"We can debate this one until the cows come home.

I am Catholic and I do not consider myself to be "Christian".  I see that as something completely separate.

Hello Catholic  ac_hithere I am Keeper...  ac_tongue

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I am Catholic and I do not consider myself to be "Christian".  I see that as something completely separate.

This is very true..

I grew up in a Fellowship Baptist church and attended Christian school..

I was a church kid, but I was not a Christian..

My salvation came later.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Keeper"I only made the post Azhya because i wasnt sure why Jehovashs would go door to door. I do not know nothing of their religion. Good or bad, totally up to them who they want to worship.

I DO NOT judge people that way.

Christians come from all those religions but I strongly believe it applies to the true Christian who believes in Jesus Christ as his/her lord and savior whether they were born a Protestant or a Catholic or a Jehovah's Witness. Jehovah's Witness followers go door to door to witness to people about their faith, just like the Mormons who are also called the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These people go door to door in hopes of bringing you to the fold to "save" you from a life of sin. Their goal is to bring as many people into their faith by "witnessing" to you and make you a "born again" Christian. When they succeed in bringing you into their fold, they consider you "saved." How do I know this? I grew up with a lot of these people. It's okay if you don't agree. I know I'm right and I will stick to my claim.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

keeper

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Keeper"I only made the post Azhya because i wasnt sure why Jehovashs would go door to door. I do not know nothing of their religion. Good or bad, totally up to them who they want to worship.

I DO NOT judge people that way.

Christians come from all those religions but it I strongly believe it applies to the true Christian who believes in Jesus Christ as his/her lord and savior whether they were born a Protestant or a Catholic or a Jehovah's Witness. Jehovah's Witness followers go door to door to witness to people about their faith, just like the Mormons who are also called the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These people go door to door in hopes of bringing you to the fold to "save" you from a life of sin. Their goal is to bring as many people into their faith by "witnessing" to you and make you a "born again" Christian. When they succeed in bringing you into their fold, they consider you "saved." How do I know this? I grew up with a lot of these people. It's okay if you don't agree. I know I'm right and I will stick to my claim.

Well, with out trying to offend and "religious" people here, Just like Politics i dont have the time.....  ac_dunno

@realAzhyaAryola

You were born into a Christian family but you don't consider yourself Christian. You can consider yourself anything but it does not have to be correct and we can also disagree on that and that is just fine with me. There are Christians who shouldn't claim they are Christians because they aren't following Christ's teachings, and there are Christians who really are Christians because they are Christ-like.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

I believe much the same Asia but I still don't identify myself as a Christian. However when they are tallying numbers of or Christianity worldwide, I count as one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

RW

You were born into a Christian family but you don't consider yourself Christian. You can consider yourself anything but it does not have to be correct and we can also disagree on that and that is just fine with me. There are Christians who shouldn't claim they are Christians because they aren't following Christ's teachings, and there are Christians who really are Christians because they are Christ-like.

I get what you are saying but I still don't identify myself as a "Christian" as it's a different thing in my world.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "RW"

I get what you are saying but I still don't identify myself as a "Christian" as it's a different thing in my world.

Its Okay!!.

We ALL cant be perfect RW  ac_razz

@realAzhyaAryola

Also, Keeper, you said you're not sure of why they go door to door and I just explained it from my perspective because I've known these people.
@realAzhyaAryola

keeper

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Also, Keeper, you said you're not sure of why they go door to door and I just explained it from my perspective because I've known these people.

I remember a couple years ago they also had a small child with them, He was trying to explain to me but hhe was so nervious, bless his heart he was so cute.

Mom wasnt so bad either (wink wink)  ac_dance

Anonymous

Salvation is not something you inherit like height or eye color Azhya..

Getting saved is about fully accepting His death as the sufficient sacrifice for your sins (John 3:16), and fully trusting Him alone as your Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)..

Becoming a Christian is all about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ..

A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith, is what makes a person a Christian.

Churches that tell their flock any different are heretical.

@realAzhyaAryola

I know what I'm talking about, Fash, and I'm not changing my mind on it. Salvation is not Christianity. Salvation is just a word describing you are saved. Christians follow the teachings of Christ. Not all Christians are saved. Those who are saved have declared themselves born again.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Those who consider themselves Christians because they have been saved and do not consider Christians who have not declared themselves born again engage in some kind of "religious bias" against those Christians who have not been born again because they consider themselves better than them. It isn't fair but I've seen this all throughout my life. It's annoying and irritating. It's like a social/class conflict.
@realAzhyaAryola