Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"
I wish I understood that sarcasm Renee.

ac_dunno

Google "Trail of Tears".

I did not read all of wiki Renee, but I read enough to understand what you meant..

Thank you for educating me about that Renee.

ac_smile

A lot of native Americans won't even touch a $20 bill because Andrew Jackson's image is on it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Google "Trail of Tears".

I did not read all of wiki Renee, but I read enough to understand what you meant..

Thank you for educating me about that Renee.

ac_smile

A lot of native Americans won't even touch a $20 bill because Andrew Jackson's image is on it.

Very interesting, thank you Renee.

Frost

I don't like Andrew Jackson on it, but none of the ones listed other than Elanor Roosevelt should be on there.

She was just about a President for a term, FDR was bad off most of his last term.

Anonymous

US legislation states that only dead presidents may appear on currency.

Frost

Ben Franklin is an exception, Susan B, Sacajawea, a Buffalo, Indians, Angels, Eagles, and many other things have been on our money.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/indian-five-dollar-bill.jpg">

Renee

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"US legislation states that only dead presidents may appear on currency.

Oh, is that why Ben Franklin appears on the $5 bill and Dr Franklin was president when?????

STFU, Mel. Nobody wants to hear you. Stick to what you know and that's driving a bucket of rocks from point "A" to point "B" without getting pulled over for DUI.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Oh, is that why Ben Franklin appears on the $5 bill and Dr Franklin was president when?????

Isn't Abe Lincoln on the five?

Anonymous

Anyhow, Franklin was one of the founding fathers of the US, and is referred to as the first actual "American," so I'm sure none would dispute his 'worthiness' of adorning certain currency, which he currently does.  (He's on $100 bills, by the way)...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Ben Franklin is an exception, Susan B, Sacajawea, a Buffalo, Indians, Angels, Eagles, and many other things have been on our money.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/indian-five-dollar-bill.jpg">

Thank you Blue, I have enjoyed this thread very much.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Renee"Oh, is that why Ben Franklin appears on the $5 bill and Dr Franklin was president when?????

Isn't Abe Lincoln on the five?

I stand corrected, Franklin is on the $100.00.

Buy by law, a dead president is not the only person that can grace the face of a bill. Any deceased American of significant historical note can be nominated and approved to appear on the face of US money.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Anyhow, Franklin was one of the founding fathers of the US, and is referred to as the first actual "American," so I'm sure none would dispute his 'worthiness' of adorning certain currency, which he currently does.  (He's on $100 bills, by the way)...

Sorry, I had to give you a one hour time out..

I will be giving Keeper ban privileges as soon as I have a chance..

Edit, I made it 6 hours.

Frost

Quote from: "Renee"This should make the Cherokee Indians happy. ac_rollseyes

I wish I understood that sarcasm Renee.

ac_dunno

The irony is the Cherokee was betrayed by Jackson, and the US government when he took office.

Jackson had the Cherokee fight with him in the was against the Brits promising them land, and other stuff.

When he took office people complained because the Cherokee was taking business away from them since they did so well.

They discriminated against them, did bad things to them, and Jackson took measures by rounding them all up, and making them walk hundreds of mils west.

Maybe 4000 died.

The Cherokee was getting more successful than their white counterparts much like Jews did in Europe, people are scared of that for some reason.

To me it says work harder to catch up, and move on, be happy for them. Many blacks cry now because they want equality, it's there if they work hard, and quit blaming someone else.

Frost

Quote from: "Blue"Ben Franklin is an exception, Susan B, Sacajawea, a Buffalo, Indians, Angels, Eagles, and many other things have been on our money.

ac_smile

Your welcome sweet person, but it's not my thread :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"

ac_smile

Your welcome sweet person, but it's not my thread :)

I know, it is not Renee's thread either..

I appreciate what both of you have contributed though.