Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

A Woman's Face on the $20.00 Bill

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, March 24, 2015, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It feels like plastic.

The new ones are.  Again, anti-counterfeit measures, and also life of the bills!  Plastic bills last longer, and thus are cheaper in the long run to produce!

@realAzhyaAryola

The USA can't keep up with that for now. There's too much red tape before they can get on the bandwagon to modify their currency, although that was a nice effort on the quarters--showing each state on it. That's all for now folks. New plastic bills will be a thing of the future for us over here.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Yanks like paper bills.  Eventually the mint will say, we will produce what we will!

kiebers

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola" New plastic bills will be a thing of the future for us over here.

Ensuring even more need for oil.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It feels like plastic.

The new ones are.  Again, anti-counterfeit measures, and also life of the bills!  Plastic bills last longer, and thus are cheaper in the long run to produce!

That makes sense Lucky Number 8..

You are capable of some very interesting posts.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola" New plastic bills will be a thing of the future for us over here.

Ensuring even more need for oil.

Yes! We want oil!  ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"That makes sense Lucky Number 8..

It makes absolute sense.  I miss the one and two dollar bills also.  I also prefer 'paper' money.

The rest of the developed world knows that it is cheaper to punch lower denominations into coins instead of bills.

Plastic bills are also very difficult to counterfeit, and last for a long time in circulation.

I admire the US in their willingness to 'hold on' to old school ways, but from the views of the taxpayer (you and I), there are good reasons to 'update' currency...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Fashionista"That makes sense Lucky Number 8..

It makes absolute sense.  I miss the one and two dollar bills also.  I also prefer 'paper' money.

The rest of the developed world knows that it is cheaper to punch lower denominations into coins instead of bills.

Plastic bills are also very difficult to counterfeit, and last for a long time in circulation.

I admire the US in their willingness to 'hold on' to old school ways, but from the views of the taxpayer (you and I), there are good reasons to 'update' currency...

Good, thank you for the information Lucky Number 8.

ac_smile

Anonymous

You collect coins?  I know Asians love gold!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"You collect coins?  I know Asians love gold!

I have a few, but not a collection Lucky Number 8.

Anonymous

Maple Leafs?  I know you do...   ac_razz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Maple Leafs?  I know you do...   ac_razz

ac_smile

Anonymous

And call me Mel!  Like Mel Gibson!

I know you have Maple Leafs!  I buy 'em.  I also know Asians love 'em!  ac_razz