News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8140
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:47:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

What's stopping you from getting what you want out of life?

Started by shin, February 22, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Describe your level of self-discipline

1-2: I wake up, turn on the computer, and eat free food. My life is awesome!
0 (0%)
3-4: Does using an alarm count? hey, at least I go outside sometimes!
1 (12.5%)
5-6: I have a job. It's called being a babysitter.
1 (12.5%)
7-8: I'm self-sufficient, and I make problems disappear... yep, those roaches are gone whenever I walk into the room.
5 (62.5%)
9-10: Whatever I touch turns to gold. I've got more food stamps than you've got lost hours of sleep.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 22, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

Annie

Holy Christ you have 5 boys????  ac_wot You must be a strong woman  :icon_wink:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Mona

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Holy Christ you have 5 boys????  ac_wot You must be a strong woman  :icon_wink:

Thank you.  Yes, I have five boys.  My eldest is 20, then I have 12 year old twins and 10 year old twins.   I separated from their father when the younger two were infants.

The eldest told me that if I had any more kids after that he was moving out.  I reminded him that he asked for a little brother for years, and he said yes ONE.  So I told him that he'd asked that many times that the Universe got confused and provided him with multiple brothers.

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Mona

He did, but he's actually an awesome big brother.  He's always willing to babysit when I need him to, and the boys adore him.  They actually listen to him better than they do me, sometimes.  Although, twice in the past week, I've had random strangers commend me on how well disciplined my boys are.   When they get raucous in public, I simply count silently with my fingers, and they stop before I get to five.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Mona"He did, but he's actually an awesome big brother.  He's always willing to babysit when I need him to, and the boys adore him.  They actually listen to him better than they do me, sometimes.  Although, twice in the past week, I've had random strangers commend me on how well disciplined my boys are.   When they get raucous in public, I simply count silently with my fingers, and they stop before I get to five.

My Mom used to count slowly to 3. Then all hell broke lose.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"Holy Christ you have 5 boys????  ac_wot You must be a strong woman  :icon_wink:

Thank you.  Yes, I have five boys.  My eldest is 20, then I have 12 year old twins and 10 year old twins.   I separated from their father when the younger two were infants.

The eldest told me that if I had any more kids after that he was moving out.  I reminded him that he asked for a little brother for years, and he said yes ONE.  So I told him that he'd asked that many times that the Universe got confused and provided him with multiple brothers.

That is amazing Mona.

Mona

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Mona"He did, but he's actually an awesome big brother.  He's always willing to babysit when I need him to, and the boys adore him.  They actually listen to him better than they do me, sometimes.  Although, twice in the past week, I've had random strangers commend me on how well disciplined my boys are.   When they get raucous in public, I simply count silently with my fingers, and they stop before I get to five.

My Mom used to count slowly to 3. Then all hell broke lose.

I give mine to five. But I also don't count out loud. They generally notice one by one and freeze when I raise my hand and my fingers start rising. I rarely get past three.  But that's in public. At home I usually just take away whatever they're arguing over. That way there's no more arguments. Whatever the item, it becomes mine. Until such time as I choose to return it to them.

Mona

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That is amazing Mona.

I was and am very blessed.

Anonymous

:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

:shock:

I know, two sets of twins.

Mona

Two sets of twins is far more common than people realise.  The risk of twin pregnancy increases after a twin birth.  Most people are sensible enough to stop having children. I, however, wanted to see what would happen if I tried for a girl. Plus, contraceptives don't agree with my body. So it was abstinence or take my chances.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"Two sets of twins is far more common than people realise.  The risk of twin pregnancy increases after a twin birth.  Most people are sensible enough to stop having children. I, however, wanted to see what would happen if I tried for a girl. Plus, contraceptives don't agree with my body. So it was abstinence or take my chances.

I don't know anyone in our immediate circle of friends and family, but we have heard of it.

Mona

Quote from: "Mona"Two sets of twins is far more common than people realise.  The risk of twin pregnancy increases after a twin birth.  Most people are sensible enough to stop having children. I, however, wanted to see what would happen if I tried for a girl. Plus, contraceptives don't agree with my body. So it was abstinence or take my chances.

I don't know anyone in our immediate circle of friends and family, but we have heard of it.

One of my school friends older brother and his wife had two sets of twins and would have had a third but it was medically terminated as her uterus hadn't recovered from the previous birth because she was pregnant at the 6week checkup.

And there's another family at my boys school who have two sets of twins.

Anonymous

One of my school friends older brother and his wife had two sets of twins and would have had a third but it was medically terminated as her uterus hadn't recovered from the previous birth because she was pregnant at the 6week checkup.

And there's another family at my boys school who have two sets of twins.

True, it does happen Mona.