Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's The Future Of Our Children?

Started by Henry, November 04, 2012, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Our baby is only 8 months old and our current society is crashing down either economically or socially. I'm afraid that my child's future is worse than we have today. What should we do for our children to have better future than ours?

Securious

Our futures have been in decline over the last hundred years or more, the computer age the main reason. We werent meant to have it. I'll explain later. I am a neo-Ludite BTW. I accept technology but dont embrace it.

ShawnaL

I would suggest teaching your children to be as self-sufficient as possible. That is what we are doing both for our children and ourselves. We have spent a lot of time teaching ourselves to hunt and process our own food, growing gardens, preserving food by canning and dehydrating, learning to sew, and making candles from animal fat. Maybe they will never be skills that you just HAVE to have, but you give yourself more options and better odds if you can take care of yourself.

Romero

Quote from: "Securious"Our futures have been in decline over the last hundred years or more, the computer age the main reason. We werent meant to have it. I'll explain later. I am a neo-Ludite BTW. I accept technology but dont embrace it.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Securious

Quote from: "ShawnaL"I would suggest teaching your children to be as self-sufficient as possible. That is what we are doing both for our children and ourselves. We have spent a lot of time teaching ourselves to hunt and process our own food, growing gardens, preserving food by canning and dehydrating, learning to sew, and making candles from animal fat. Maybe they will never be skills that you just HAVE to have, but you give yourself more options and better odds if you can take care of yourself.

One of the wisest posts I have seen in a long time.

instigator

very unlikely we have to become hunter gatherers again. not anytime soon anyways. that would be more than a huge step backwards to wear animal skins and burn animal fat in log cabins. that's some doomsday prepper shit.

best way to secure a future for your children? buy a nice house with a suite or 2, pay almost all of it off so that your children have  a place to live without a mortgage.

don't listen to the redneck hunters

anyone can shoot a head off a moose or plant a garden.

Securious

Quote from: "Securious"Our futures have been in decline over the last hundred years or more, the computer age the main reason. We werent meant to have it. I'll explain later. I am a neo-Ludite BTW. I accept technology but dont embrace it.

See the Maurice Wilkes thread..Technology has a dark side not discussed that often...now the favoured tool of global enslavement. Lets start first with the basics.

Romero

"We weren't meant to have the computer age. I don't embrace technology. Technology has a dark side. Technology is the favoured tool of global enslavement."

Yet you use and enjoy technology just as much as anyone.

Rand

Securious

Quote from: "Romero""We weren't meant to have the computer age. I don't embrace technology. Technology has a dark side. Technology is the favoured tool of global enslavement."

cant you read, I accept it, use it but dont embrace it. I understand it but I am not a slave to it..is that better. By the same token we wernt meant to have it as it was for miitary purposes but was leaked out and comercialized by the Americans/how convenient. Now its used for spying, hacking, listenning & watching our mov ements/messaging and other calls..,.etc etc etc. Bringing to mind project echelon. The 5 eyes as they its called.

Meanwhile those who are fighting this facist system use it as social media, as I am doing.

Yes I enjoy it in as much as It allows one to communicate ideas/thats it!

Securious

But to preach and extol the virtues of the computer age, sorry there pink'Boy

OrientalTreasure

While I don't expect we will return to a frontier society, teaching self-sufficiency skills is always a good idea.  You just never know when you'll need those skills.

Romero

Quote from: "Securious"
Quote from: "Romero""We weren't meant to have the computer age. I don't embrace technology. Technology has a dark side. Technology is the favoured tool of global enslavement."

cant you read, I accept it, use it but dont embrace it. I understand it but I am not a slave to it..is that better. By the same token we wernt meant to have it as it was for miitary purposes but was leaked out and comercialized by the Americans/how convenient. Now its used for spying, hacking, listenning & watching our mov ements/messaging and other calls..,.etc etc etc. Bringing to mind project echelon. The 5 eyes as they its called.

Meanwhile those who are fighting this facist system use it as social media, as I am doing.

Yes I enjoy it in as much as It allows one to communicate ideas/thats it!

Accepting it, using it and enjoying it is embracing it. You're not a slave? You wouldn't be able to go one day without it.

You embrace technology just as much as anyone. You're not using it any less or any differently than the rest of us.

jeffersonian

Quote from: "Henry"Our baby is only 8 months old and our current society is crashing down either economically or socially. I'm afraid that my child's future is worse than we have today. What should we do for our children to have better future than ours?

The best gift I can give to my children is to teach them to think for themselves. I give them a lot of opportunities to gain real life skills and confidence in their decision-making abilities. I teach them to question everything others assume and search and find out for themselves the truth, as best as they are able.

I believe that part of why we have ended up where we are, politically, is because our children are no longer taught to think as individuals. People are very easily led and manipulated. Being able to think for yourself will give you an advantage in any situation.

instigator

^^i agree jeferson

i think you may find interest in this article i stumbled upon searching about the powers that manipulate.

please let your children read what we are all subject to by others who hold positions in higher levels than ourselves.

http://www.co-intelligence.org/CIPol_democSocPwrAnal.html">http://www.co-intelligence.org/CIPol_de ... rAnal.html">http://www.co-intelligence.org/CIPol_democSocPwrAnal.html

quoted from the article

"Stimulus-response manipulation: Psychologists, con men, and PR professionals have developed powerful technologies of manipulation that can cause people to act for reasons that are outside their control or awareness. People can think they are behaving freely and rationally when actually they are being heavily influenced by "compliance professionals." (See INFLUENCE, by Robert B. Cialdini [1984] for a fascinating introduction to this subject.)"

Economic power

Industrial or productive power to control production, resources and labor

Financial power to buy or control things with money or credit

Market power to influence consumption, production, prices, wages or other market conditions.

Governmental power

Legislative power to make the rules governing the acquisition, distribution and use of social power

Police power to enforce laws or the interests of powerholders

Judicial power to make judgments about the use and balance of social power

Regulatory power to supervise economic and political activities

Bureaucratic power to enable or resist the implementation of policies

Physical power

Physical force, violence and the threat of violence to coerce the behavior of others

Political power

Organizational power to coordinate the actions of many people

Propaganda power to influence public opinion, motivation and experience of reality

Media power

Media power to influence or control information and communication and people's ability to give and receive them

Knowledge power

Knowledge to comprehend circumstances, to predict and plan, and to create effects - particularly by knowing how to use other forms of power

Personal power

Leadership to motivate and coordinate other people

Persuasion to mobilize people's awareness and opinions

Energy and initiative to begin and carry out activities

Intelligence to comprehend meaning and solve problems

Technical skill to manipulate physical resources and barriers

Love to encourage people to drop their defenses, to respond and grow

Integrity to inspire reciprocal honesty, loyalty and support

Ambition to motivate the accumulation and use of social power

Strategic and tactical skill to create and utilize situations to best advantage

Inspirational ability to motivate people and bring out their best

Situational power

Security to give bargaining power & freedom to maneuver

Advantageous position from which to use other forms of power

Invisibility and secrecy to limit others' ability to interfere

Cultural and institutional power (can be used but not possessed)

Social institutions and traditions define the context in which power is exercised

Laws and constitutions define the limits and channels of power

Ideas provide a focus around which to mobilize people, and a direction to go

Public opinion constitutes the extent of popular support or opposition