Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I Stole This From Bruce....

Started by Leopardsocks, April 07, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ontario's decline has been long and deep. Even with a low dollar, it is still underperforming. So much for Dutch Disease theories.
Quotethe economic centre of gravity has shifted to the resource-rich western provinces while Ontario's manufacturing sectors stagnate.

Under the complex equalization formula, Ontario has become one of six have-not provinces and will receive about $3.2 billion in payments for fiscal 2011-12, according to the federal Department of Finance.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/ontario-economic-decline-strain-canadian-unity-critics-argue-212010755.html">https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybr ... 10755.html">https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/ontario-economic-decline-strain-canadian-unity-critics-argue-212010755.html

On the plus side, especially for BC folks, but for all Canadians, your province will lead the nation this year in economic growth. BC along with Saskatchewan and Alberta will continue to be among the best performers in Canada. The reason of course is resource development.

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Romero"
He was only calling the US flag a "Jolly Roger", citing "natural law" and insisting the government is corrupt because he wants to fish without a license.

He would have used the same argument for driving without a license or getting a speeding ticket.

I don't agree.

He was referring to the flag as the flag of piracy.

I believe he is right.

The government steals our money in thousands of different ways, and we simply turn our backs, and ASSUME they are stealing it for the greater good.

That is an outright sham...anyone who disagrees, step up to this line right now, and put forth your reasoned argument.

RW

For the most part, it goes to the greater good.  Check any budget allocation and look for spending in things like health care and education.

DERP.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "RW"For the most part, it goes to the greater good.  Check any budget allocation and look for spending in things like health care and education.

DERP.

Yes, let us LOOK at health care and education.

How many children are educated and fail to respond to their education? What is the purpose of said education? Where is the payoff to society for stumping up BILLIONS of dollars to teach children a lot of complete and irrelevant garbage?

Likewise, health care. Why must I pay for the care of drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers, neurotic mothers and their snivelling brats? How many people who clog up the hospital system actually paid any contribution to the overall system? How many people who line up in casualty every night and day are there because of their own stupidity, and for which I have to pay?

Noble, leftist, social ideals...soon to be exploited and perverted by the wastrels, parasites and non-contributors to their own upkeep.

Government welfare is now a fucking joke...and no-one is laughing. Governments do not spend THEIR money, they spend YOUR money after they've made sure they look after themselves.

If you do not work, you cannot vote. It is an aberration that non-contributors can vote...when it is clear they will ALWAYS vote for the left side who promise them all the welfare they can afford. So, our country cannot afford the massive welfare bills and wants to cut back. Yet at the next election, you can be damn sure that the sociological ticks that are fed by the bloated belly of government waste are not going to vote for a party that says they are taking some payments back.

That means that in the electorate, the unemployed (what, around 6%), students on government loans, pensioners, invalids, public sector workers, unionists and education and health workers will ALWAYS vote for government excess. Always.

You don't work, you don't vote. You pay tax, you vote on its use and distribution. Not until you contribute, can you have any say in the procurement and disposition of government revenue.

THAT'S what that deranged yet remarkably clear old geezer is saying. He doesn't pay tax...so he is not a citizen. He asks nothing of the government, and in turn gives nothing to it. He just wants to fish for his dinner.

And you think WE'VE got it right???

Anonymous

OP, he didn't "own" the Judge.  I'm sure he was permitted to leave as he did, simply due to the fact that 'discretion' was utilized, for lack of a better term.

It would be like giving a homeless bum a ticket for jaywalking...  A waste of paper, ink, and time.  Sometimes some people just don't cause enough harm to society, to really warrant a hefty (to them) punishment.  Just like how most cops will turn a blind eye to one possessing a joint or two.

Renee

Okay where does this all end? If you don't vote and it becomes the excuse to not adhere to the laws of the land then what happens when the opportunistic portion of society gets wind of this? I'll tell you what will happen; the concept will become a meal ticket for thousands of fringe dwellers to do just as they please at the expense of the taxpayer. You will have in essence created another group of lawless fucking parasites.

Does the government ask and take too much from us? Yes it most definitely does but if you want to change that it needs to be done within the system, otherwise anarchy will be the order of the day.

This whole concept of "natural law" is being perverted by a select few nut balls and it is blatant nonsense.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

The laws are there, and then some.  That Judge could have had his ass hauled off the minute he wouldn't shut his yap.

Understand that the objective of policing is to ensure a society safe for the masses (or in theory it is).  There is really nothing more to it than that.

Similar to ticketing a homeless bum for jaywalking, there is a limit as to how many resources can be spent to enforce and punish.

Another important topic to address is how the cops, the justice system, and the prison system have now become mental health professionals, and mental health 'housers.'  Not long ago, the nuts would go to the nuthouse.  Now the nuthouses are closing down.  These people now end up in a system with individuals that aren't always trained to handle them.

Tatterdamelion

I saw a security guard from a government building yelling at a young teenager for picking flowers out of the flower bed in front of the building. The teenager said government buildings are public and the flowers belong to everyone. The security man said" that is correct the flowers belong to everyone, to everyone who lives in the city including myself. What gives you the right to take flowers which belong to me and all my neighbors?"  Fish belong to everybody. Why did this man think it was OK to take my fish?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
I don't vote Leopardsocks.

I understand.

In Oz, voting is compulsory...although I suspect not for much longer.

But, NOT voting is condoning the status quo. The real issue is you are not motivated enough to vote because you do not care which party wins, and you are not offered options that would encourage you to do so.

Furthermore, the voting process itself is archaic.

But if someone presented to your electorate with new ideas, and a commitment to change...would you vote then?

At every election, my mailbox is flooded with pamphlets, candidates show up at my church and at my door..

The rest of the time they pay no attention to me and my family..

My trust is in my husband, my family, my doctor, my church. my neighbours and my friends.

Lance Leftardashian

The role of good government is to facilitate the transfer of money from those who worked for it to those that don't. People should not have to work if they don't want to. Free housing, clothing, food, transportation, education and vacations should be a right.
I care, you pay

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Renee"Okay where does this all end? If you don't vote and it becomes the excuse to not adhere to the laws of the land then what happens when the opportunistic portion of society gets wind of this? I'll tell you what will happen; the concept will become a meal ticket for thousands of fringe dwellers to do just as they please at the expense of the taxpayer. You will have in essence created another group of lawless fucking parasites.

Does the government ask and take too much from us? Yes it most definitely does but if you want to change that it needs to be done within the system, otherwise anarchy will be the order of the day.

This whole concept of "natural law" is being perverted by a select few nut balls and it is blatant nonsense.

This ends when Governments start acting responsibly with other peoples' money.

Yes, we need health care...but with sensible limitations. If your kid has a snotty nose and you feel going to the doctor makes you a better parent, then you pay.

If you suffer serious illness that requires a costly treatment, we pay.

If you suffer a terminal illness and you are over 75...make your arrangements. Euthanasia will be provided on request.

Drug addict or smoker? Fuck off...why should we care more about your health than you do?

Single mothers who clearly breed recklessly and indifferently...tough shit, lady. You made your choice. No you pay. Although, alternately, the fathers will pay.

As to education...will someone tell me why we force our children into an education system more tailored to teachers than the children themselves?

RW

I'll tell you to stop making ignorant claims about the education system.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Drug addict or smoker? Fuck off...why should we care more about your health than you do?

Don't hate on us smokers...  We pay our share, and more.  Taxes generated by tobacco sales in Canada:

2010-2011: $7,538,367,182.00

2011-2012: $7,430,202,120.00

2012-2013: $7,312,993,636.00

Obesity is a far bigger issue.  That, and smokers generally die fairly rapidly, therefor not causing excess strain on the system (relative to the taxes we've contributed over the years, as outlined above).

Australian tax rates on tobacco are almost identical to those of Canada, so assume similar figures as above also.

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "RW"I'll tell you to stop making ignorant claims about the education system.

Oh, by all means, step right up and stick your chin out as far as you can.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!