Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

These Forums Are Finished, IMHO.

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2015, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blue"Just wait till Azhya pulls out the Disco thread :)

Haha! Yes, Bluey. Good times.  ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frost

Back then I could enjoy about any thread with the right people in it.

I even enjoyed the time out section, and wild west forum.

Frost

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

ac_wub

It was, and I miss those times a lot. there was some really good people in there Friday nights.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blue"Yeah her Disco thread is world famous, lots of good music.  ac_toofunny

We had a good one on DV going, fun times in there.

Haha! Those were the good old days. DV was fun. I felt very welcome there. Vin was professional, I thought.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RDL

Quote from: "Blue"Back then I could enjoy about any thread with the right people in it.

Believe it or not, I actually started out on DV in November 2007 when they still had the Wild West section.  Those were the days.

Frost

Maybe everyone should tell a time when they might be on here so others might come to talk.

i come on, and nobody around, and leave, I'm sure others do the same.

RDL

Quote from: "Blue"

ac_wub

It was, and I miss those times a lot. there was some really good people in there Friday nights.

Back then, I didn't go on Friday nights because I knew the central branch of the GVPL closed at 6pm on Fridays.

What I know now is that the Nellie McClung branch is open until 9pm on Fridays.

Now I'm available to access the internet on Friday nights and there's no more DV.

Frost

Quote from: "Twenty Thirteen"
Quote from: "Blue"Back then I could enjoy about any thread with the right people in it.

Believe it or not, I actually started out on DV in November 2007 when they still had the Wild West section.  Those were the days.

I was there in maybe 2002-3  ac_umm before registration.

Frost

Quote from: "Blue"Yeah her Disco thread is world famous, lots of good music.  ac_toofunny

Haha! Those were the good old days. DV was fun. I felt very welcome there. Vin was professional, I thought.

I miss Vin like so many others. Maybe we can make this place as memorable :)

RDL

I miss Vin like so many others. Maybe we can make this place as memorable :)

Discover Seattle and Discover All The World both thought they could make themselves as memorable as DV.  Now look at them.  They're barely hanging on by a thread.

Maybe this time it'll be different.

Frost

It takes people who care, and threads worth reading.

hate threads about each other don't bring in posters, and run them off in my opinion.

When I went to DTW everyone was cut throat, I ran from it.

RDL

Quote from: "Blue"It takes people who care, and threads worth reading.

hate threads about each other don't bring in posters, and run them off in my opinion.

DATW was fun... I was a member in late 2008/early 2009... but yeah it was fun for all the wrong reasons.  There was a lot of fighting going on.  And not just angry fighting, some of it was fighting just for fun.  That kind of environment was what I needed at the time, but now I don't think I would go back to it even if I could.  Although, now that it's calmed down significantly, it would be nice if they could open registration again.

Frost

DATW was fun... I was a member in late 2008/early 2009... but yeah it was fun for all the wrong reasons.  There was a lot of fighting going on.  And not just angry fighting, some of it was fighting just for fun.  That kind of environment was what I needed at the time, but now I don't think I would go back to it even if I could.  Although, now that it's calmed down significantly, it would be nice if they could open registration again.

My account still worked the other day, it surprised me.

RDL

I think the last post I made on there was in 2010 when I briefly made a new account so I could bitch about being fired from the grocery store.

Frost

I think the last post I made on there was in 2010 when I briefly made a new account so I could bitch about being fired from the grocery store.

I had a private message from 2007 when I signed in, made me kind of feel bad I never went back.