Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Got pulled over tonight leaving the beer store,

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2015, 02:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

for what was essentially a "license check."  Luckily I only had one brew in my system, that was consumed four hours before I drove, so I was sent on my way.

I really dislike when the police randomly hassle me.  It doesn't happen often, but this isn't the first time I've been "licensed checked" leaving that particular beer store.

Last time I checked, I wasn't Black.  Perhaps this town needs some Blacks...  Hassle them instead.

Romero

So you're telling us this isn't the first time you've driven with "a few brews in my system" from your particular beer store. Not a bar. Which means you also drove there with a few brews in your system.

And you wonder why police are "randomly harassing" you for "randomly drunk driving".

Very nice touch blaming black people for your problems. Why take responsibility for your own actions, when you can just blame the bogey man like a child?

Anonymous

There's a bar there also, but I didn't drink there.  He asked me if I did.  It seems he was trying to 'catch' people leaving the bar drunk.

And nothing wrong with a couple beers over a couple hours.  Trust me, I would not have been able to drive home if there were any issues.  The issue was, a random stop for essentially no reason simply because I pulled out of a certain parking lot...

Anonymous

He also said I was doing 80.  The speed limit was 50, and I was doing 65 on the dot.  I also know my speedometer is accurate within 1 or 2 kms @ 100 km/h.

Anonymous

I wasn't going to argue, instead telling him I was simply going with the flow.  He said, "what flow?  you're the only one out here!"

I then pointed to him (remember, this guy followed me down the road for a mile or so), smiled and winked.  You know, the flow I said!

He hopped into his car, did a U-Turn, and screeched off back to his hiding spot.

Anonymous

Either way, I'm getting off topic.

The fact is, I'm as White as they come, and I get hassled.  I don't need the hassle, when I'm doing nothing wrong.  Seems like the Cops really don't care who they hassle...

Romero

Come on, man. You're not fooling me. First it's a few brews, now it's just a couple of drinks? Not even a classic episode of Cops. You're in denial but you're nothing more than a typical drunk driver.

Do what I do. I'm on my sixth tall boy. I set myself up and I don't need to drive anywhere. If it's still not enough, I'll go grab a coffee.

It's all about balance. You rack da disiprine.

If you need to drive drunk to your local booze store and back, you're doing drunk wrong.

Anonymous

If I was drunk, I would've been charged.  I guess I could have worded my OP somewhat differently...  What I meant to say was, luckily I wasn't legally intoxicated, or this random stop could have ended differently.

As mentioned before, I have seen them utilize this tactic before there, in the exact same method.  Luckily I only had a couple of drinks in me then also.

First time, was asked for both licence and reg.  This time, only licence.

Totally bullshit stop, IMHO, although I know they are permitted to make these stops at random should they prefer.

Anonymous

What got me was the "80 in the 50" zone.  I was doing 65+/- in the 50 zone.

Since anything over 20km/h over the speed limit can increase the fine, I typically limit my speeding to within 20 km/h over.  In this case, 65 in the 50.

I don't know where he pulled 80 out from...  Not 79, not 82, but a nice round 80!~  ac_biggrin

Romero

And now of course we come to the realization that you're making all this shit up. We know you're a drunk, but why are you trying to make being a drunk sound like you're some badass?

Surely you've driven drunk to and from the local beer store, but clearly none of that other stuff happened. You're no Bad Boys.

Wow. You sped on the highway while having a few drinks in you. That is so fucking hardcore.

Anonymous

Now, I am usually non-biased, or even pro-cop in some instances.  I certainly am not "anti-cop."

However, every now and then one of these chuckleheads kind of ruins it for the rest of them.

This stop was not warranted.  No laws were broken (if there was, I would have received a ticket).  No lights were out (I keep my ride well maintained).  Fully legal for all intents and purposes.

I was simply pulled over for leaving a beer store, that happens to be attached to a bar, was followed for a mile, and then pulled over.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"And now of course we come to the realization that you're making all this shit up.

You want to be like the others, Romero?

I am not making this shit up.  If I wanted to troll, trust me...  I could come up with something much better, and entertaining.

Anonymous

On another note, I also watch cops in general.  In my personal vehicle, they never run my plate.

When I'm on my Harley, it is not uncommon for them to run my plate, should they be behind me in traffic.

My mirrors my shake at idle, but I know what the person behind me is doing, be it playing with a phone in their crotch, or a cop running my plate...

Anonymous

Oh please don't risk your own life and the lives of the people of Metro Vancouver by driving intoxicated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Oh please don't risk your own life and the lives of the people of Metro Vancouver by driving intoxicated.

For fucks sakes...  Look, I should have just left that part out, the fact that I had a couple...