The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

We need sub-forums

Started by Leopardsocks, April 11, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Verbally abusive but I dont think her punches hurt much.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Once again I find myself being perceived as a rebellious recalcitrant. May I just re-assure members that I have neither intent nor desire to cause friction, nor usurp the management.

Actually it makes good sense to have things organized according to peoples' interests. That way it's easy for visitors to find what interests them. If everything is too disorganized they'll quickly move on. I think that's one of the reasons the other place gets so few new members. There's not much point in posting something about a specific field when you know it's going to be lost in a sea of unrelated topics.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I disagree.

I respectfully disagree too RW.

Odinson

I will lift leopardsocks up the stairs because some places dont have the ramp.

Anonymous

Subforums?

Subforums don't work in general, unless a forum has thousands of active members on at any given time.  None of these forums will ever have those numbers, so it is simply a waste of time, and actually creates less traffic/posts.

The people that want subforums are always of the same type...  It never changes.  They want their own little "corner" in which they believe things will magically appear out of thin air.  Things don't, and they sit stagnant in the end.

Leopardsocks

You won't lift anyone, chump.

Odinson

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"You won't lift anyone, chump.

Thug...

Hit that.

Renee

No subs, for now. But maybe a "dumpster". ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Yeah.  Dumpsters and "Heat" forums proved to work very well in the past...

RW

I could get behind a dumpster.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Bad things can happen behind a dumpster.  ac_toofunny

Of course there are some bad things that aren't bad.... ac_smile
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Let's throw Odi and Mel behind one and see what happens!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

We are exotic personalities..

RDL

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"We need to segregate issues a little more effectively.

This mish mash approach of throwing every thread into one bucket is inefficient.

We need a "Pink Lounge".

We need a knitting circle for the ladies (recipes, fashion, women's issues), and a commensurate facility for tha boyz(recipes, fashion, rack shots).

Perhaps a geeks corner as well. And one for entertainment. Finally, something for the creative minds...

How about a Ramble On subforum, similar to the one that used to be at Memebee?

RW

We aren't an extension of MB and personally, I am very happy we aren't.
Beware of Gaslighters!