Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

To combat inequality, we need more CEOs like this one

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 16, 2015, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

A Seattle company is going to pay its employees at least $70,000 a year.

Dan Price, the CEO of Gravity Payments, made the announcement that he will help finance the new minimum wage by cutting his own remuneration from $1 million a year, down to the $70,000 mark.

"I really do view everything I do as a responsibility and seeing growing inequality and how it is harder to just make ends meet and live the normal American dream," said Price. "Things are getting more expensive, especially in a city like Seattle and the wages aren't keeping up."

Price had been planning the change over the past few weeks, but wanted to surprise everyone at the end of the quarter.
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Why are Westerners so obssessed with "inequality". Asians focus on poverty reduction which makes a lot more $en$e.

What is Dan Price's net worth? This looks like a stunt that means very little to his own personal wealth.

Gay Boy Roberto

People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "gbb"It is a nice stunt for his employees

Not nearly as much as for his company right.

RW

Quote from: "gbb"A Seattle company is going to pay its employees at least $70,000 a year.

Dan Price, the CEO of Gravity Payments, made the announcement that he will help finance the new minimum wage by cutting his own remuneration from $1 million a year, down to the $70,000 mark.

"I really do view everything I do as a responsibility and seeing growing inequality and how it is harder to just make ends meet and live the normal American dream," said Price. "Things are getting more expensive, especially in a city like Seattle and the wages aren't keeping up."

Price had been planning the change over the past few weeks, but wanted to surprise everyone at the end of the quarter.

SMART!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "gbb"A Seattle company is going to pay its employees at least $70,000 a year.

SMART!

I agree, he's a smart businessman. You can't put a price on this kind of publicity. His next venture will be amazing and there WILL be a next one. He'll be in the same financial league as Zuckerberg in the coming years.

cc

He's a fricking dice roller. They came up for him once. Next time they won't and there will be no money  to pay anyone.

Talk is always cheap "today" .. but a year or 2  from now?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"He's a fricking dice roller. They came up for him once. Next time they won't and there will be no money  to pay anyone.

Talk is always cheap "today" .. but a year or 2  from now?

Then there's that too CC.