The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

tennis elbow

Started by Anonymous, April 15, 2015, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frost

Mine got so bad sometimes I had to lift my arm with my other hand. I still have it lock up sometimes if on the phone a long time, hurts to straighten it out.

A doctor might send him to a therapist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "easter bunny"I was about to ask if he does any repetitive movements.  ac_unsure

Do you mean for his job easter bunny?

No, he's a shop superintendent at a specialized oilfield service supplier..

He used to work out a lot and plays all sports.

I think tennis elbow is a repetitive motion injury isn't it? - so it could be anything.

My husband thinks it is the result of increased workouts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Mine got so bad sometimes I had to lift my arm with my other hand. I still have it lock up sometimes if on the phone a long time, hurts to straighten it out.

A doctor might send him to a therapist.

That is a possibility Blue.

Renee

The pressure bands do work. I use one in a similar fashion for my knee. Also apply ice and lots of it. Get a good cold wrap; 20 mins on, 20 mins off, as many times a day as your husband can. Ice relieves the inflammation in the joint and the tendons.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you mean for his job easter bunny?

No, he's a shop superintendent at a specialized oilfield service supplier..

I think tennis elbow is a repetitive motion injury isn't it? - so it could be anything.

That could be. Maybe he's wearing it down faster than it can heal?  I would say just hold off on doing anything that might make it worse for a while.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The pressure bands do work. I use one in a similar fashion for my knee. Also apply ice and lots of it. Get a good cold wrap; 20 mins on, 20 mins off, as many times a day as your husband can. Ice relieves the inflammation in the joint and the tendons.

Hello Renee and thank you..

But do you know what our family doctor said; only use heat.

ac_dunno

RW

My father in law uses the band for his golf elbow and swears by it.

Physiotherapy might help as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

That could be. Maybe he's wearing it down faster than it can heal?  I would say just hold off on doing anything that might make it worse for a while.

For a sports loving, active man that will not be easy.

RW

He's going to have to suck it up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"He's going to have to suck it up.

Yup. Not much choice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"He's going to have to suck it up.

I was hoping there might be some quick cure.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"The pressure bands do work. I use one in a similar fashion for my knee. Also apply ice and lots of it. Get a good cold wrap; 20 mins on, 20 mins off, as many times a day as your husband can. Ice relieves the inflammation in the joint and the tendons.

ac_dunno

Heat does nothing for inflamed tissue. In fact in many cases it makes the inflammation worse. Heat is generally only good for stiff or pulled muscles. I've had enough sports related injuries to know what works and what doesn't. For any kind of joint or tendon related injury, use ice to reduce the inflammation and relieve the pain. Heat can later be used to gain mobility during the rehab or healing process.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_dunno

Heat does nothing for inflamed tissue. In fact in many cases it makes the inflammation worse. Heat is generally only good for stiff or pulled muscles. I've had enough sports related injuries to know what works and what doesn't. For any kind of joint or tendon related injury, use ice to reduce the inflammation and relieve the pain. Heat can later be used to gain mobility during the rehab or healing process.

^^ Agreed
Beware of Gaslighters!

RDL

Quote from: "Fashionista"My husband has been suffering from tennis elbow now for five months..

He cannot workout anymore because the pain in his left elbow..

If he bumps it against a door frame the pain is excruciating..

He went to our doctor who suggested some exercises, but they are not working..

Does anyone know of anything that may help?

Is he Asian?  I hear Asians are at greatest risk of osteoporosis.  Maybe get him to see a doctor and ask the doctor if it could be osteoporosis.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_dunno

This is the opposite of what our doctor told my husband.

ac_wot