Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

No longer can the homeless be told to move along

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 11, 2015, 02:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Hence why I said "majority" and not all.

Very low percentage of addicts can overcome and get better....but for most its a lifelong struggle.  Having support like family and good friends help...sadly majority of those addicts on the streets don't have family who care for them (or even cared for them while they were growing up, and that is a huge impact on their lives).

I wish there were programs that could help the homeless addicts but provided they have the support, its very difficult for them to achieve...unless a person come from nowhere and decides to help them.

RDL

easter bunny

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "easter bunny"I would send them to a mental hospital/detox center where they can get the treatment they need. Living on a sidewalk is not something you would do unless you were wanting help. Anyone who thinks a drug addict has control of his will doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to detox them before their organs are harvested, especially if you need a liver.

ac_tongue

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Hence why I said "majority" and not all.

Very low percentage of addicts can overcome and get better....but for most its a lifelong struggle.  Having support like family and good friends help...sadly majority of those addicts on the streets don't have family who care for them (or even cared for them while they were growing up, and that is a huge impact on their lives).

I wish there were programs that could help the homeless addicts but provided they have the support, its very difficult for them to achieve...unless a person come from nowhere and decides to help them.

Sorry Berry Sweet, I misunderstood what you meant..

You made some good points about the symptoms of the disease.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"I would send them to a mental hospital/detox center where they can get the treatment they need. Living on a sidewalk is not something you would do unless you were wanting help. Anyone who thinks a drug addict has control of his will doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to detox them before their organs are harvested, especially if you need a liver.

ac_toofunny

easter bunny

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Hence why I said "majority" and not all.

So true.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"A part of me envies a life without strings.

You're not alone. I think almost everyone would like to have a little of that every now and then.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"A part of me envies a life without strings.

You're not alone. I think almost everyone would like to have a little of that every now and then.

I would not at all Renee..

I would not want to even think about life without my husband and children.

RW

I don't want to think of a permanent life without my family but life without bills would be nice.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't want to think of a permanent life without my family but life without bills would be nice.

Taxes too.

RDL

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"I don't want to think of a permanent life without my family but life without bills would be nice.

Taxes too.

Actually, my income tax return was very easy to do.

I just did the exact same thing I did last year, but with this year's numbers.

I always end up getting an income tax refund (usually CPP overpayment) once a year, plus low income tax credits once every 3 months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Taxes too.

Actually, my income tax return was very easy to do.

I just did the exact same thing I did last year, but with this year's numbers.

I always end up getting an income tax refund (usually CPP overpayment) once a year, plus low income tax credits once every 3 months.

Life is so easy for you underemployed, unskilled, unambitious white trash types. ac_tongue