Keep saying it, and some will believe it

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 16, 2015, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

http://crooksandliars.com/files/mediaposters/2015/04/31322.jpg?ts=1429160135">
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "gbb"http://crooksandliars.com/files/mediaposters/2015/04/31322.jpg?ts=1429160135">

You're saying he's wrong? There is an organized conspiracy against minorities becoming prez? ac_wot

How often do these conspirators meet? Where is their master plan to keep us coloured folk down?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Does Fox "News" get anything right?

Does HPO? They report the news and they have editorials just like like Huffington's rag site.

RW

When do they report news without editorials?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"When do they report news without editorials?

HPO? Good question, which is why I give that hyper-partisan rag site a wide berth.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW" I give that hyper-partisan rag site a wide berth.

I do the same... with FAUX News
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"When do they report news without editorials?

HPO? Good question, which is why I give that hyper-partisan rag site a wide berth.

If you don't like a news organization, then yes it is a rag to you..

I would think many people feel that way about CBN news.

Leopardsocks

Being a cop in a world where everyone who is not white, speaks English and has a job is deemed a "minority" is an immense moral challenge.

It is oh so easy to level accusations at cops for their attitude towards some sections of the community. But people rarely consider that the interaction between Police and these minorities is the flashpoint between the two cultures, races or minority group.

People will drive past their haunts, their ghettos, or their gathering places, cast an admonishing look, and get on with their business. Cops don't have that luxury. If they have to confront these outcasts, it is more likely to be a confrontation between two groups that are effectively at war. Often, situations are engineered for that very purpose.

I'd have to say, though, that in most nations with racial conflict, things are handled reasonably, if not fairly.

But in the US, it truly is a war zone. Both sides are scared of each other, because of the easy access to firearms.

If I was a cop in the US, with a wife and family, and I find myself face to face with an African American who is clearly aggressive and unwillingly to comply, I would have to weight up, IN AN INSTANT, whether or not this person is armed, capable and willing. If I am wrong one of us will die. And you can be damn sure its not going to be me.

African America has created the battlefields. It has the power to de-militarise, but they will not. Its a slow-burn civil war, and the African American's keep claiming the moral high ground, whilst ignoring the fact that its own people are now the problem.

RW

But what we are seeing in the US is cops killing African Americans who are unarmed or in some cases, actually running AWAY from them.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

Well, I am not familiar with the US laws re police power and authority, so I am not sure how their actions are justified by statute.

I have seen a number of instances of police fatally shooting alleged offenders which, were it to happen here for example, would lead to indictment for murder, manslaughter or unlawful wounding.

But in the US, the line is indistinct. They clearly assume that a person who fails to comply with directions is armed and dangerous. So, out of a series of, say, 100 incidents where a person does not comply...what percentage would include a person who IS armed, and WILL shoot to kill?

I don't know...but I would guess somewhere around 3-5%.

Therefore, if you confront a person who is aggressive and non-compliant, you WILL be saying to yourself I have a 5% chance of being killed.

I personally would not like those odds...it means sooner or later you will confront a potentially lethal situation.

Its wrong. Its bad. Its crazy. But it is a direct consequence of racial disharmony and ludicrously lax gun possession laws.

RW

Then they need to set to the heart of this racial standoff.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

My first year of uni I witnessed two Edmonton cops, one white, one East Indian beating the shit out of a Native guy in a parking lot behind a bar. I don't know what he did, but I do know he had already been subdued and was not a threat to either cop.

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Shen Li"My first year of uni I witnessed two Edmonton cops, one white, one East Indian beating the shit out of a Native guy in a parking lot behind a bar. I don't know what he did, but I do know he had already been subdued and was not a threat to either cop.

Really??  ac_huh

Are you serious??

You went to UNIVERSITY?

ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Shen Li"My first year of uni I witnessed two Edmonton cops, one white, one East Indian beating the shit out of a Native guy in a parking lot behind a bar. I don't know what he did, but I do know he had already been subdued and was not a threat to either cop.

Really??  ac_huh

Are you serious??

You went to UNIVERSITY?

ac_toofunny

Good one Sox, pretty good. ac_drinks