Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 16, 2015, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopardsocks

The holocaust was mankind's worst conduct in its rather brief history.

But, as always, victims will utilise such abhorrent actions as means of justifying their own conduct, or constant quest for more compensation and benefit because of those vile actions.

We need to be VERY cautious not to fall for the "victim" card an infinitum. I believe that the Jews have been handsomely and justly compensated, and rubbing the world's face in that disaster is no longer necessary, appropriate or fair. The perpetrators have been punished. The Jews were given their own nation, despite the fact that the donors did not own the land upon which it is built, and lately, they have been allowed to get away with racial crimes of their own making.

In my view, Israel has become adept at using history as a tool of leverage, especially with its embedded influence in the US.

In the meantime, Palestinians remain stateless, and the world stands by and does nothing punitive. But we howled in wrath at South Africa's apartheid regime. We bitched at the British for "occupying" Northern Ireland.

Do we also lament and remember the days America wiped two Japanese cities from the map? When German cities were levelled by allied bombing? How about the thousands killed since the illegal Iraqi war?

The Holocaust was indeed an act of evil. But not the ONLY act of evil committed by humanity. We should remember them all, not just that which allows its victims far more latitude and forgiveness than they deserve.

RW

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"The holocaust was mankind's worst conduct in its rather brief history.

But, as always, victims will utilise such abhorrent actions as means of justifying their own conduct, or constant quest for more compensation and benefit because of those vile actions.

We need to be VERY cautious not to fall for the "victim" card an infinitum. I believe that the Jews have been handsomely and justly compensated, and rubbing the world's face in that disaster is no longer necessary, appropriate or fair. The perpetrators have been punished. The Jews were given their own nation, despite the fact that the donors did not own the land upon which it is built, and lately, they have been allowed to get away with racial crimes of their own making.

In my view, Israel has become adept at using history as a tool of leverage, especially with its embedded influence in the US.

In the meantime, Palestinians remain stateless, and the world stands by and does nothing punitive. But we howled in wrath at South Africa's apartheid regime. We bitched at the British for "occupying" Northern Ireland.

Do we also lament and remember the days America wiped two Japanese cities from the map? When German cities were levelled by allied bombing? How about the thousands killed since the illegal Iraqi war?

The Holocaust was indeed an act of evil. But not the ONLY act of evil committed by humanity. We should remember them all, not just that which allows its victims far more latitude and forgiveness than they deserve.

I feel the exact same way.  We cannot pay forever for the sins of times long since past.  I would include slavery in the US to this list as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"The holocaust was mankind's worst conduct in its rather brief history.

I feel the exact same way.  We cannot pay forever for the sins of times long since past.  I would include slavery in the US to this list as well.

I would include "stealing" Aboriginal land too. One citizenship with equal rights and responsibilities for all. Not special privileges based on ethnicity.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

If all of you knew the heavy heart I have because I carry the sting of the Chinese Exclusion Act and Head Tax. It's a burden weighs on me. Only a very generous compensation can bring healing and closure. ac_razz

RW

I am sorry to hear what will be your long term suffering.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I am sorry to hear what will be your long term suffering.

I'm an oppressed victim RW. I demand reparations. ac_deadhorse

keeper

Quote from: "RDL"Today is a far more important day than Holocaust Remembrance Day... today is the 8 year anniversary of losing contact with the love of my life, the most beautiful man I ever went to college with... think I might send him a message on Facebook and try to reconnect with him.

Stop Thread bombing. Stick to the topic.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Can we pay you in fire water?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It has to be damn good hooch. ac_drinks  ac_dance

Renee

That's about the worst thing you could do. Pay her kind off in booze and they will just get drunk, avoid getting a job and they will sit around all day blamming whitey for their lack of social and economic progress. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RDL

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "RDL"Today is a far more important day than Holocaust Remembrance Day... today is the 8 year anniversary of losing contact with the love of my life, the most beautiful man I ever went to college with... think I might send him a message on Facebook and try to reconnect with him.

ac_rollseyes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

Oddstain and the Langley Ladyboy are the worst for that shit.

RDL

Well... seeing as I'm from Victoria... I guess I'm the Victoria Ladyboy?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"Well... seeing as I'm from Victoria... I guess I'm the Victoria Ladyboy?

I was referring to a certain effeminate, threadbombing attention whore who pretends to be a lumberjack from Hide-a-gay.