Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I Have Some Good News...

Started by Mel Gibson, April 16, 2015, 03:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "RW"My new avatar.

You don't inspire nausea!!!!

Depends who you ask. ac_unsure

BTW, I couldn't have inspired that Avi, you're not showing any boob.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Have you started your new job yet Mel Gibson?

Odinson

Some field work would be good.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Have you started your new job yet Mel Gibson?

I guess it starts next monday.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li"You've been unemployed for a while now haven't you Mel?

A few months.  My overhead is low though, so I can take breaks here and there.

Mel Gibson

Next week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"

Next week.

I hope it goes smoothly for you.

ac_smile

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I hope it goes smoothly for you.

ac_smile

Piece of cake slipping back into an old job.  Hardest part is getting used to waking up at the crack of dawn again.

On a side note, it was interesting to learn that they recently hired a mechanical engineer.  He quit a six-figure job working for a major airline.  Didn't like the hours, and didn't like the stress (I don't push for too many details).  Apparently he walked in off the street with an interest and willingness to learn, and the desire to be trained for zero wages, and he's now truckin' on his own.

I guess this job suits his lifestyle better (day shift, Mon-Fri), since he has kids.  I'm assuming his wife works also, so he can manage on these reduced wages.

In the past, I've road-tested an airline pilot, and a psychologist.  No shit!  Many guys driving are idiots that cannot string a sentence together...  Once in a while you get surprised.  Just goes to show it isn't always about the money!

Anonymous

ac_smile

Piece of cake slipping back into an old job.  Hardest part is getting used to waking up at the crack of dawn again.

On a side note, it was interesting to learn that they recently hired a mechanical engineer.  He quit a six-figure job working for a major airline.  Didn't like the hours, and didn't like the stress (I don't push for too many details).  Apparently he walked in off the street with an interest and willingness to learn, and the desire to be trained for zero wages, and he's now truckin' on his own.

I guess this job suits his lifestyle better (day shift, Mon-Fri), since he has kids.  I'm assuming his wife works also, so he can manage on these reduced wages.

In the past, I've road-tested an airline pilot, and a psychologist.  No shit!  Many guys driving are idiots that cannot string a sentence together...  Once in a while you get surprised.  Just goes to show it isn't always about the money!

My husband's company had an apprentice electrician that was a former armed forces officer.

Anonymous

ac_smile

Pilot is not a good job until you get up to a major airline, not some little regional carrier. Do you mean mechanical engineer or aircraft maintenance engineer? If it's the latter, a lot of those jobs are moving to Mexico.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

ac_smile

Pilot is not a good job until you get up to a major airline, not some little regional carrier. Do you mean mechanical engineer or aircraft maintenance engineer? If it's the latter, a lot of those jobs are moving to Mexico.

Aircraft maintenance on planes is in Mexico?

ac_wot

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Aircraft maintenance on planes is in Mexico?

ac_wot

Or any other country with low labour costs...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Aircraft maintenance on planes is in Mexico?

ac_wot

Or any other country with low labour costs...

In North America, it is Mexico. Westjet services their fleet there. Minor shit is done in Canada.