Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Shopping Malls and Changes...

Started by Berry Sweet, April 21, 2015, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

..I've noticed that shopping malls are not quite the thing nowadays...I've also noticed a lot of stores closing down in malls and empty spots with nothing in them. I guess more people are now starting to shop online instead of going to the mall?

I've been wanting to do this myself. It's noticeably cheaper to shop online...the items are waaay cheaper online and not to mention a better variety to choose from. For me it's just knowing which site is legit that I'm ordering from.

Does anyone here notice this or shop online for clothes? Which sites do you use? And has anyone tried Zulily? I saw some cute shirts on there I'd like to purchase.

@realAzhyaAryola

That is true, Berry. However, older people like me still like going to the mall. I like to try things on before buying the item. I have shopped online though. I have been pleased with shoes I ordered from Zappos.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Romero

I've read that the average mall is dying out in the US. Higher-end malls and stores are supposedly doing well. Online shopping, and probably more of Walmart and dollar stores.

I don't shop online. There are still plenty of places around for me to go to.

@realAzhyaAryola

Visit the following:

Gilt.com

Myhabit.com

I was introduced to these swag sites by my gay friend.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

Holy crap! 2 grand for a friggin purse on gilt.com????Whaaaaaaaattt?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

I don't shop online for clothes.  I like to try everything on.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

I hate to shop, especially for clothes so I do about 90% of it online. I rarely set foot in a mall anymore unless I know exactly what I'm going for and in what store.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

Shopping online is fine.

However, for clothing?  Doesn't work.  I want my shoes to fit properly.  I want my jeans to fit my waist properly.  I don't care what "size" they are labelled as...  there are variations from manufacturer to manufacturer.  For this reason, clothing I must try on before I buy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't shop online for clothes.  I like to try everything on.

I do too, so if I go to a store I will try it on and then buy it online.

keeper

Very few items i buy online. Socks,Gloves,ties,Underwear The rest i go shop for.

Anonymous

I am finding I spend much less money in malls. I go out to the West Ed a few times every winter. I can walk around in winter, watch the sea lions perform, window shop, people watch over a coffee at Sorrentino's bakery, pics with my son with Santa and maybe lunch on Bourbon Street.

We don't usually come back with many bags.

Annie

I like shopping online too, easier to find good deals and compare right away. But going out and getting some exercise or hanging with your kid is good too.   There are some deals to be found in malls but not many.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bit

RW

Quote from: "Bit"I love shopping everywhere!

Yes, yes you do.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bit"I love shopping everywhere!

Hello Bit, I am very happy you have joined us.

ac_hithere