Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Shopping Malls and Changes...

Started by Berry Sweet, April 21, 2015, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I like shopping online too, easier to find good deals and compare right away. But going out and getting some exercise or hanging with your kid is good too.   There are some deals to be found in malls but not many.

Yeah, that's how it works for me too Annie. Shopping malls is usually an activity. When I go to malls I rarely have items in mind.

It is the opposite at signature shops in strip malls.If I go to signature shops it could be to buy or perhaps just to try on items.

Anonymous

Other than shoes, I don't buy clothes online. Most other things, yes I do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Other than shoes, I don't buy clothes online. Most other things, yes I do.

Shopping in stores is an enjoyable experience for me..

Except when it is too crowded.

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bit"I love shopping everywhere!

Hello Bit, I am very happy you have joined us.

ac_hithere

Im very happy too, Hmmm what rhymes with BIT.  ac_umm  ac_toofunny

Bit

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Annie"Holy crap! 2 grand for a friggin purse on gilt.com????Whaaaaaaaattt?

Haha! That is ridiculous, alright.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Annie"Holy crap! 2 grand for a friggin purse on gilt.com????Whaaaaaaaattt?

Haha! That is ridiculous, alright.

Some people are willing to pay inflated prices for signature brands.

Mel Gibson

One of my customers on an old job was the Louis Vuitton store in Van.  The purses came from China, and were packaged in those generic Chinese cardboard boxes.  Full skids of them, six feet high.  Used to have to push the pallets down the sidewalk to the store.  Boxes would come loose, since they weren't even shrinkwrapped properly, and I'd kick them down the sidewalk.

People probably assumed I was delivering some cheap Chinese shit.  In a way, they were right.  Of course, once those purses hit the shelves, all of a sudden they were worth quite a bit more than the five dollars it probably costs to manufacture one...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"One of my customers on an old job was the Louis Vuitton store in Van.  The purses came from China, and were packaged in those generic Chinese cardboard boxes.  Full skids of them, six feet high.  Used to have to push the pallets down the sidewalk to the store.  Boxes would come loose, since they weren't even shrinkwrapped properly, and I'd kick them down the sidewalk.

People probably assumed I was delivering some cheap Chinese shit.  In a way, they were right.  Of course, once those purses hit the shelves, all of a sudden they were worth quite a bit more than the five dollars it probably costs to manufacture one...

Knock-offs eh?

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li"Knock-offs eh?

The real deal, actually.

Funny thing is, when packaged for transport, you couldn't tell the difference.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the knock-offs came from the same factory as the "real" ones did...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Knock-offs eh?

The real deal, actually.

Funny thing is, when packaged for transport, you couldn't tell the difference.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the knock-offs came from the same factory as the "real" ones did...

I do know there is often very little diff between knock-offs and the real mccoy.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li"I do know there is often very little diff between knock-offs and the real mccoy.

This is true.  Especially with women's fashion.

Men aren't so "brand loyal."  I mean, a guy will pay more for a nice suit, but expects an Italian made suit for the price difference.

Women?  Just stitch on 'Louis Vuitton' or 'Hermes,' and they'll pay $1,000 for a purse that costs $5.00 to make!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I do know there is often very little diff between knock-offs and the real mccoy.

This is true.  Especially with women's fashion.

Men aren't so "brand loyal."  I mean, a guy will pay more for a nice suit, but expects an Italian made suit for the price difference.

Women?  Just stitch on 'Louis Vuitton' or 'Hermes,' and they'll pay $1,000 for a purse that costs $5.00 to make!

I'm brand conscious myself Mel. I know all too often it makes little diff with the generic brands. Food in Canada is a good example of that. Cheaper brands like Western Family are the same food product as the more famous brand names in different packaging.

Annie

Brands mean nothing to me. If it looks nice, serves it's purpose and is at cost within my budget then it's good enough. Anything over 40 bucks better be a hell of a purse.  If it's over 40 and I or my kid really want it, then I'll wait for a sale or look online.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous