News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The Haiti earthquake scam worked so well...

Started by easter bunny, April 27, 2015, 11:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Not on yours maybe. Yours is only one of 1000s so any direct experience is merely specific situation relevant and is no criteria for many of the big ones ... and especially of the closely held ones  ... no different than "I know a cpl of xxxxx's and they are really sweet = most or all xxxx's are sweet" ... you remember those days   ac_smile

Have followed foundation investigations way back  .. have seen the books (cooked to various degrees of doneness)... so have a fair idea of how many are used to advantage ... and gotten Putin his uranium, lol. It's usually the big ones and closely held ones that are scams

Most people choose to help based on an immediate cause and immediately. It is not right that many long term ... and I mean long ... and after "expenses" pay someone something

This thread is about a very current and immediate situation  which as bunny said he wished his money to be used directly and immediately .... and certainly he intended to be far away from foundations and or endowments

Studied Drama Queen out
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Not on yours maybe. Yours is only one of 1000s so any direct experience is merely specific situation relevant and is no criteria for many of the big ones ... and especially of the closely held ones  ... no different than "I know a cpl of xxxxx's and they are really sweet = most or all xxxx's are sweet" ... you remember those days   ac_smile

Have followed foundation investigations way back  .. have seen the books (cooked to various degrees of doneness)... so have a fair idea of how many are used to advantage ... and gotten Putin his uranium, lol. It's usually the big ones and closely held ones that are scams

Most people choose to help based on an immediate cause and immediately. It is not right that many long term ... and I mean long ... and after "expenses" pay someone something

This thread is about a very current and immediate situation  which as bunny said he wished his money to be used directly and immediately .... and certainly he intended to be far away from foundations and or endowments

Studied Drama Queen out

It must be so disheartening to find out that donations have not been used the way we thought they were.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WideEyeStupid"A good rule of thumb is to always check how much is actually being donated. The good ones will state their percentages on their page.

Personally, If 70% of donations doesn't reach the people that need them then I usually don't donate.

Hello WideEyeStupid, I am so happy to see you here..

ac_smile

I agree that 70% is a good rule of thumb to follow when deciding whether to donate or not.

easter bunny

Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "easter bunny"The Haiti earthquake scam worked so well they decided to repeat it with Nepal. I still have no idea who pocketed the money I donated, or what happened to the money the government matched. It pisses me off to this day that I could have been so stupid.

People come inside my bank to make collect the money for Nepal.

They should severely punish those who try to make money from disasters. It's a disgusting thing to do because it stops people from donating to real charities.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "easter bunny"The Haiti earthquake scam worked so well they decided to repeat it with Nepal. I still have no idea who pocketed the money I donated, or what happened to the money the government matched. It pisses me off to this day that I could have been so stupid.

People come inside my bank to make collect the money for Nepal.

They should severely punish those who try to make money from disasters. It's a disgusting thing to do because it stops people from donating to real charities.

Fucking rights it's disgusting. In today's day and age you better verify where your hard earned loot is going.

easter bunny

You'd think the govt of Canada would be legit. =P

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"You'd think the govt of Canada would be legit. =P

The words government and legit to do not belong in the same sentence. Biggest wasters of cash in this country and most others too. Look at how well all the billions poured into the Aboriginal industry have worked out. ac_rollseyes

easter bunny

Quote from: "Shen Li"

The words government and legit to do not belong in the same sentence. Biggest wasters of cash in this country and most others too. Look at how well all the billions poured into the Aboriginal industry have worked out. ac_rollseyes

I was young and naive. No wait, I blame it on Obama. hahaha

Anonymous

We research investments and we should research who we donate to as well EB

easter bunny

You're absolutely right. No excuses.

Anonymous

You're absolutely right. No excuses.

I agree with both of you.

ac_smile