Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Old School Pics!

Started by Mel Gibson, April 25, 2015, 06:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Gibson

Easy...  I'll start.  Post 'em!  Like this...

http://i61.tinypic.com/fdt7hv.png">

Renee

You were a very cute little kid. What happened?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

No questions.  Post your shit!

kiebers

Cool, a face book thread.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I had a suggestion that a thread should be created for pictures that only registered members can see..

Do you like that ideaƉ

kiebers

I would think there are still a few "questionable" registered members that would make some uncomfortable with said members having access.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I would think there are still a few "questionable" registered members that would make some uncomfortable with said members having access.

What if access to the section required approval?

kiebers

Still no guarantee. Doesn't matter to me. I have pics out there. Difficult at best to trust someone you don't know.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"I would think there are still a few "questionable" registered members that would make some uncomfortable with said members having access.

What criteria would you use for approval? I don't think it will work. Too many creeps masquerading as normal people floating around.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

What criteria would you use for approval? I don't think it will work. Too many creeps masquerading as normal people floating around.

That's a good question Renee..

Maybe they are required to send a pic first before being permitted to view and post in it..

These are just some thoughts I had.

kiebers

Back in the day there was, for the most part, no issue with posting pics. People being photo shopped with the most suggestive things added to their pics were taken in a humorous way. Now not so much. I saw those that were purposely posed for those chops. Guys and gals alike posed with open mouths, hands, or what ever, so someone could put anything and everything in the photo no matter how sexual or gross. A good time was had by all and hardly ever a serious complaint. Not the same now. Different generations, different beliefs. Even pics of kids were posted and everyone respected that with no chops done there. No way would I post a family member now on an anonymous forum. As for me...meh  

That is a really good margarita.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Back in the day there was, for the most part, no issue with posting pics. People being photo shopped with the most suggestive things added to their pics were taken in a humorous way. Now not so much. I saw those that were purposely posed for those chops. Guys and gals alike posed with open mouths, hands, or what ever, so someone could put anything and everything in the photo no matter how sexual or gross. A good time was had by all and hardly ever a serious complaint. Not the same now. Different generations, different beliefs. Even pics of kids were posted and everyone respected that with no chops done there. No way would I post a family member now on an anonymous forum. As for me...meh  

That is a really good margarita.

">
Thank you for your thoughts on this kiebers.

ac_smile

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I've posted many.

So, you don't feel a separate area where photos would only be visible to registered members is necessary Berry Sweet?

Renee

If people want to post pics that are of a personal nature such as family or themselves I think it should be done at there own risk. There really is no way this forum can protect them from the vicious monkeys who will use those pics for their own nasty purposes and the administration and mods should spend time worrying about it. I say if you want to take the chance, let it fly, post your pics and let the consequences be damned.

I agree with Kiebers on this. Posting a pic of myself is no big deal but I will never post pics of my children or any family or friends. Given the nature of places like this and the creatures that prowl through it, it would be incredibly stupid to do so.