News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Haiti earthquake scam worked so well...

Started by easter bunny, April 27, 2015, 11:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "cc la femme"I mean that Bill & Hill's self-serving scam "Foundation" has paid about 10 - 15 cents out for every dollar that came in

And that's with 100s of millions coming in from unsavory cohorts and their countries around the world .... including a Canadian scammer "friend " who collected big time for them quite recently  ... then sold his company to Putin Inc.

Well in all fairness cc the Clintons were all but broke when the left the White House so they needed the money.   ac_toofunny  

Obviously Bill squandered all his money while in office on chubby chicks and barbecue.   ac_dunno

Well, I guess he could have spent it on worse things.   ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I realize that - but it is a cruel world out there .. especially when one can live like kings on other's well-intended donations

Haiti was another Billary / Hillary scam that really went bad

It is cruel that some very greedy people use human suffering to build their wealth..

Most people accept on faith that a charity really is using their donations for what they think it will be used for.

cc

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "cc la femme"I mean that Bill & Hill's self-serving scam "Foundation" has paid about 10 - 15 cents out for every dollar that came in

And that's with 100s of millions coming in from unsavory cohorts and their countries around the world .... including a Canadian scammer "friend " who collected big time for them quite recently  ... then sold his company to Putin Inc.

Well in all fairness cc the Clintons were all but broke when the left the White House so they needed the money.   ac_toofunny  

Obviously Bill squandered all his money while in office on chubby chicks and barbecue.   ac_dunno

Well, I guess he could have spent it on worse things.   ac_umm
You got me. Clearly I need to apply more fairness for sleazy crooks and scammers
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Bill Clinton has become as money hungry as Gene Simmons since leaving office. I still liked him as president.

RW

By all means check the pay out record of charities but expect them to build endowments, require staff and have administrative overhead.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"By all means check the pay out record of charities but expect them to build endowments, require staff and have administrative overhead.

I was speaking about Bill and Hillary Clinton specifically.

RW

You posted at the same time I did so my post didn't reference your post :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

WideEyeStupid

A good rule of thumb is to always check how much is actually being donated. The good ones will state their percentages on their page.

Personally, If 70% of donations doesn't reach the people that need them then I usually don't donate.

cc

Good points, but I would not go by what an organization claims for itself. Best rule is to check with those who are very creditable who investigate and rate charities ... the info is available on the net ... just make sure numbers match up with two or more reporting agencies ... or that the one you use is reliable

RW

Quote from: "WideEyeStupid"A good rule of thumb is to always check how much is actually being donated. The good ones will state their percentages on their page.

Personally, If 70% of donations doesn't reach the people that need them then I usually don't donate.

70%?  Hrm.

Do you guys understand endowments when giving?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Of course. Problem is that most do not go out of their way to say they are an endowment and most people think their money is going to a current cause ... when it is not

Further, endowments give the perps ... I mean officers .... the ability to use them for luxury travel and an endless string of personal and usually luxurious perks ... all of which reduce the overall value ... often greatly .... and of course come from what unwitting givers donate ..... and are perks that never quit / go on for years and even for decades

easter bunny

I thought it was going toward a quick emergency relief effort. I was really disappointed. A lesson learned.

cc

easter bunny

Quote from: "cc la femme"but not to be repeated I take it?

Definitely not.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Of course. Problem is that most do not go out of their way to say they are an endowment and most people think their money is going to a current cause ... when it is not

Further, endowments give the perps ... I mean officers .... the ability to use them for luxury travel and an endless string of personal and usually luxurious perks ... all of which reduce the overall value ... often greatly .... and of course come from what unwitting givers donate ..... and are perks that never quit / go on for years and even for decades

When money goes into an endowment, it never stops giving.  It is the interest from said endowment that is disbursed.

Perps.  Oh cc, you are so dramatic.  Charities need people to run them and those people are paid (and rightfully so).  I worked for a charity and I assure you, there were no luxury perks for anyone on payroll.
Beware of Gaslighters!