Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The Death Penalty.

Started by Bricktop, April 28, 2015, 07:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/29/chan--sukumaran-executed-by-indonesia.html?cid=BP_CAROUSEL_NEWS_BALI_NINE_EXECUTIONS_290415">//http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/29/chan--sukumaran-executed-by-indonesia.html?cid=BP_CAROUSEL_NEWS_BALI_NINE_EXECUTIONS_290415

Two Australian citizens were executed by firing squad in Indonesia overnight for attempting to smuggle 5Kg of heroin out of Bali into Australia.

They were the ringleaders of a gang of nine "drug mules" who were to actually transport the drug out of Indonesia.

Many in Australia are outraged, and the PM has withdrawn the Australian Ambassador.

There were no doubts as to their guilt, and the death penalty has applied in Indonesia (and other Asian countries) for many years, with very prominent signage in all airports reminding travellers of this.

5 Kg of heroin cut down would have fed a LOT of junkies...and statistically would have killed up to 20 people.

Their motive was money, and they applied violence and death threats to the mules to ensure they complied. They were not nice people. Strangely, when consigned to death row, they saw the error of their ways, turned staunchly Christian, and begged for clemency on the basis of their rehabilitation.

RW

And Australia is outraged because.....?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Australian's were executed.

The Brazilians, Nigerians and Ghanians also executed were not discussed.

Its nauseatingly precious and somewhat racist, as the Indonesians are wont to highlight.

In my view, these scum were given their just desserts, and many Australians feel the same. But there's always the goody two shoe hysteria that is basically "How dare these Asian scum shoot our drug dealing, violent, vicious boys".

If we are to withdraw our Ambassador from countries with the death penalty, there will be calls to the US, China, UK (yes...they have it still), Iraq (remember Saddam?), Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Syria, Russia, and around 80 other nations.

The hypocrisy and double standards being expressed by our Government and some of my countryfolk is astonishing.

People complain about speeding fines, and the cry from the sanctimonious is "If you don't do the crime, you won't pay the fine...". Yet these two asswipes try to import death into the nation, and everyone gnashes their teeth and wails piously.

Tatterdamelion

Yes. The Bali 9 got what they deserve.

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Australian's were executed.

Its nauseatingly precious and somewhat racist, as the Indonesians are wont to highlight.

In my view, these scum were given their just desserts, and many Australians feel the same. But there's always the goody two shoe hysteria that is basically "How dare these Asian scum shoot our drug dealing, violent, vicious boys".

If we are to withdraw our Ambassador from countries with the death penalty, there will be calls to the US, China, UK (yes...they have it still), Iraq (remember Saddam?), Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Syria, Russia, and around 80 other nations.

The hypocrisy and double standards being expressed by our Government and some of my countryfolk is astonishing.

People complain about speeding fines, and the cry from the sanctimonious is "If you don't do the crime, you won't pay the fine...". Yet these two asswipes try to import death into the nation, and everyone gnashes their teeth and wails piously.

Maybe people need a reminder that these people are scum bags.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Australian's were executed.

Maybe people need a reminder that these people are scum bags.

Yes but even scumbags can be rehabilitated; or so we're told. ac_rollseyes
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Meh.  Fuck em.

YEP!!

Renee

You people are cold. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"You people are cold. ac_toofunny

Who me? ac_razz

easter bunny

Good riddance. I read somewhere that in China they send the family a bill for the bullets.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Ugene

The Death Penalty: Works great til the 1st innocent person dies...it happens.

keeper