Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Learning Foreign Languages

Started by Gary Oak, November 08, 2012, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

It seemed like my mind had sharpened a bit after I learned my first foreign language. The genius Swedenborg spoke 10 languages by the time he was 18, could this be part of why he was so intelligent ? Did the increased grey matter from learning all the massive loads of vocabulary and grammer increase his genius ?

Foreign language.

It is proved by the scientists of University College London that learning a foreign language is healthy for the brain. It is proved that learning a foreign language alerts the grey matter of the brain. It is as good as excercising to keep you body fit and healthy.

The findings also found out that learning a foreign language at a younger age helps in having more of the grey matter in the brain as compared to the others.

Also learning a foreign language helps you to prevent yourself from many age related symptoms like Alzheimer, memory loss etc.

It is also found that people who know more than 3 to 4 languages are less likely to have cognitive problems as compared to others. This is the best way to keep your mind active and sharp.

Read more: http://socyberty.com/languages/learning-a-foreign-language-is-healthy/#ixzz2BfbrcNG2">http://socyberty.com/languages/learning ... z2BfbrcNG2">http://socyberty.com/languages/learning-a-foreign-language-is-healthy/#ixzz2BfbrcNG2

Romero

It's "grammar", not "grammer".

There isn't supposed to be a space between a question mark and the end of a sentence.

It's "keep your body fit", not "keep you body fit".

It's "Alzheimer's", not "Alzheimer".

Gary Oak

Homo-ero you stupid fag, I posted that article. Go nitpick with the author of the article about his use of "alzheimer","keep you body fit" and yes I spelt grammer wrong. What's with you miserable fags, you are all so @#$% miserable and full of malice. You all seem to think that you are entitled to be complete assholes and nobody has the right top even be offended by it as after all you are all fags. But now asshole, this thread is about learning other languages and the benefits that learning other languages have. If you aren't interested in this topic then start a miserable fag thread

Romero

Anonymous

Hi Gary and Romero.  

I tried learning Spanish, but I gave up after one month. :oops:

Pinay

hey, my goal is to learn Spanish too ! i haven't started working on it though :-)  buenas noches  amigos !

@realAzhyaAryola

In college in the Philippines, we must take Spanish. It's part of the curriculum. That was then. I don't know about now. I took Spanish. Then when I got to the US, I took French.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Gary Oak

After reading the evidence in that article of the benefits to the brain by learning languages I am a lot more inspired now to learn more languages.

I actually had already been near certain that this was the case but now it has been confirmed by scienists.

Romero

Must... fight... urge... to... make... fun... of...

Eh, he deserves it.

You should try learning English first. And scientists have known for quite some time that learning makes us smarter.