The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The high cost of cheap clothing

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 30, 2015, 03:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Have YOU ever stepped foot in one Shen?

No, I haven't. Grandma started out poor, Mommy was better, I am better off than either of them.

My grandma is sill living. What do you wish to lecture her about?

RW

So you don't know more than anyone else who has heard a story.

I personally have heard many from people who have both worked inthem and been in them first hand.  I've done work with Amnesty International around sweatshop labour in China, Burma, India and Bangledesh and have participated in changing conditions as a part of corporate governance and shareholder action.

I've never worked in a sweatshop but then again, neither have you.  One anecdotal story doesn't impress me nor does it make you an expert.  What you are is not qualified to cal me ignorant on this subject.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So you don't know more than anyone else who has heard a story.

I personally have heard many from people who have both worked inthem and been in them first hand.  I've done work with Amnesty International around sweatshop labour in China, Burma, India and Bangledesh and have participated in changing conditions as a part of corporate governance and shareholder action.

I've never worked in a sweatshop but then again, neither have you.  One anecdotal story doesn't impress me nor does it make you an expert.  What you are is not qualified to cal me ignorant on this subject.

Sweatshops still exist in Korea. Sweatshops still exist in Canada too. Illegal in both countries of course.

As I said, low cost manufacturing has been highly successful in Asia, but I have doubts the model can reproduced in other geographic areas. I hope that doesn't seem racist.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"So you don't know more than anyone else who has heard a story.

Sweatshops still exist in Korea. Sweatshops still exist in Canada too. Illegal in both countries of course.

As I said, low cost manufacturing has been highly successful in Asia, but I have doubts the model can reproduced in other geographic areas. I hope that doesn't seem racist.

Not at all seoulbro..

Other countries may have to make some changes to the Asian wayto accommodate local cultural traditions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It can be and it will be.

One of the reasons low cost manufacturing as a growth model has been so successful in Asia is that relies heavily on Asian ideals of common purpose. I am not convinced it can reproduced as successfully in other cultures. They will likely have to tweak it fit their own traditions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"It can be and it will be.

One of the reasons low cost manufacturing as a growth model has been so successful in Asia is that relies heavily on Asian ideals of common purpose. I am not convinced it can reproduced as successfully in other cultures. They will likely have to tweak it fit their own traditions.

China is a major investor in Africa. Gawd knows Western "aid" has been a failure.