News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Connecting a device to TV for netflix...help?!

Started by Berry Sweet, May 02, 2015, 01:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Ok...so I have a 32" flat screen....it's not a smart TV...but I want to be able to move it around the house and watch Netflix in various places around the house...I want to be able to connect my phone or tablet tot he tv so I can watch Netflix but I can't figure this out...apparently a usb cord doesn't work..so I need an hdmi cord...but that doesn't make sense cause then I'd have to buy the cord ($$$) and then an adapter for the Samsung outlet...this doesn't make sense? Or do they sell these cords? I have an xbox...but..I don't want to have to pay $60/yr just to get Netflix (stupid sony...such a rip off)...yes I have ps3 but that's for the big screen and I don't want to be disconnecting and reconnecting...anyone know of a way I can do this without spending heaps of cash??

easter bunny

Life was so much easier before we had all these cables. Mind you it was a bit tiring holding my ears in one position for hours at a time.

easter bunny

Sounds like you need an HDMI adapter.  ac_smile

Berry Sweet

Yes I do...another useless waste of money...it should work thru a usb cable...but noooo....they can't have that caue they ned more money...fuckin ridiculous!

easter bunny

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes I do...another useless waste of money...it should work thru a usb cable...but noooo....they can't have that caue they ned more money...fuckin ridiculous!
I know! There's so many different video connectors now it's ridiculous! If the connectors are different you might even need two adapters. One for the phone and one for the tablet. It's so stupid.  ac_rollseyes

Annie

I have a friend who's bf has a massive size tv screen and they stream netflix to it. They use some king of cable connecting the computer to the tv, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.  I just rely on good ol dvd's or watch online.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

USB cables are too slow for video streaming.

HDMI cables can stream video and audio in high quality. Its a different technology.

@realAzhyaAryola

Thanks to my sons, they figured all of that out before I could notice it. Berry, it's a good investment, the HDMI cable. Get it at your soonest.  ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]