Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

American conservatives are culturally East Asian

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, May 11, 2015, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

Political conservatives in the United States are like East Asians in the way they think, categorize and perceive. That is the gist of a new University of Virginia cultural psychology study, published recently in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

"We found in our study that liberals and conservatives think as if they were from completely different cultures – almost as different as East and West," said study leader Thomas Talhelm, a U.Va. doctoral candidate in cultural psychology. "Liberals and conservatives categorize and perceive things differently, just as East Asians and Westerners look differently at the world."

According to Talhelm, political conservatives in the United States, generally, and East Asians, particularly, are intuitive or "holistic" thinkers, while Westerners, generally, and American liberals, in particular, are more analytical thinkers.

Analytic thinking styles tend to look at the parts of a situation, and how they work together toward the whole. This involves "slicing up the world and analyzing objects individually, divorced from context," Talhelm said.
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Bricktop

That's a nasty misleading headline you've got there Bobby!!!

Personally, I have never taken much stock from University studies. Before even considering their "analysis", I ask myself "What is the basis and compulsion that caused these analysts to actually contrive the need for, and basis of such a study". In very few cases have I seen objective thought as one of the pre-requisites.

cc

Let's  see what we have here .. Wow, a shocker!! Another gay boy copy paste of a "report" from a prog U. that "just happens to" say what progs want to hear .. snicker
Quote In very few cases have I seen objective thought as one of the pre-requisites.
Exactly
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Well, I was implying that may be the case...but I guess you were a little more forceful...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"Political conservatives in the United States are like East Asians in the way they think, categorize and perceive. That is the gist of a new University of Virginia cultural psychology study, published recently in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

"We found in our study that liberals and conservatives think as if they were from completely different cultures – almost as different as East and West," said study leader Thomas Talhelm, a U.Va. doctoral candidate in cultural psychology. "Liberals and conservatives categorize and perceive things differently, just as East Asians and Westerners look differently at the world."

According to Talhelm, political conservatives in the United States, generally, and East Asians, particularly, are intuitive or "holistic" thinkers, while Westerners, generally, and American liberals, in particular, are more analytical thinkers.

Analytic thinking styles tend to look at the parts of a situation, and how they work together toward the whole. This involves "slicing up the world and analyzing objects individually, divorced from context," Talhelm said.

I don't believe it..

And personally, I find it a bit offensive.

Anonymous

If anyone wants a little evidence of why I claim white lefties are the most odious racists I have ever encountered they need only glance at Bob's troll thread.

Gay Boy Roberto

People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"The truth hurts, eh

LOL

no lol for me Gay Boy Bob.