A

Good bye Alberta PC's, you helped make us the best province

Started by Anonymous, May 06, 2015, 03:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

You will be a tough act to follow..

Best of luck to Ms. Notley.

Anonymous

The PC party left us with the practically no debt, the lowest tax burden, the highest wages and the largest recipient of investment. However, most of their accomplishments occurred under one premier. They've made a lot of missteps in the past decade since Klein left office. Change was needed. Let's just hope Nothead doesn't turn us into another Manitoba.

cc

Listen to the "ideas". They know no other way
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"They know no other way

Manitoba's number one export to Saskatchewan and Alberta is economic refugees fleeing dipper mismanagement. I suspect Saskatchewan and BC will be the recipients of Manitoba's dipper disaster. Maybe Alberta too, depending how ideological she wants to get.

cc

What does this mean for the sands and keystone etc?

I don't know Alta politics. Why 2 similar parties who made up 52% of the vote ? ... Dippers had only 39

What's with that? Looks like a gunfight in a circle
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"What does this mean for the sands and keystone etc?

I don't know Alta politics. Why 2 similar parties who made up 52% of the vote ? ... Dippers had only 39

What's with that? Looks like a gunfight in a circle

It's bad news for pipeline development, but a gift to CN and CP. At best she gives lukewarm support to Energy East, less to Kinder Morgan expansion and none at all to either NG or KXL. Our economy will slow from what we have averaged over the past 15 years that is for sure.

As for the oilsands, they are long term developments less sensitive to price and policy fluctuations. Current projects will continue, but new ones may decide to sit on plans until 2019.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"The PC party left us with the practically no debt, the lowest tax burden, the highest wages and the largest recipient of investment. However, most of their accomplishments occurred under one premier. They've made a lot of missteps in the past decade since Klein left office. Change was needed. Let's just hope Nothead doesn't turn us into another Manitoba.

After 44 years, it's only natural for voters to be fed up. Campaign mistakes aside, their time was done.

It reminds me of Nova Scotia where after trading between the PC's and Liberals, each election they voted for the NDP for the first time. They lost the election badly and finished third. My guess is that Alberta voters will have buyer's remorse in a year or two and vote out the NDP next election.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"The PC party left us with the practically no debt, the lowest tax burden, the highest wages and the largest recipient of investment. However, most of their accomplishments occurred under one premier. They've made a lot of missteps in the past decade since Klein left office. Change was needed. Let's just hope Nothead doesn't turn us into another Manitoba.

After 44 years, it's only natural for voters to be fed up. Campaign mistakes aside, their time was done.

It reminds me of Nova Scotia where after trading between the PC's and Liberals, each election they voted for the NDP for the first time. They lost the election badly and finished third. My guess is that Alberta voters will have buyer's remorse in a year or two and vote out the NDP next election.

She contacted Roy Romanow this morning, so she may be a centrist like him. If not, it will definitely be a one time experiment.

Anonymous

My main concern about the NDP is their aversion to resource development. It's too bad we don't have a social democratic party that did not see mines, pipelines, and LNG exports as a bigger threat than radical Islam.

Anonymous

Markets are down as a reaction to the uncertainties of a Nothead victory. Alberta's economy is critical to Canada. She would be wise to hold off on tinkering with the economy until oil prices are on a stronger footing. Crude had it's best month in years in April. She would be wise to hold off until 2016 before charging higher taxes, fees that we all pay anyway.

Alberta spends more per capita on our civil service and this probem will only get worse under Nothead.

Anonymous

Under Nothead, Alberta is facing a triple whammy of low(though improving) energy prices, higher corporate taxes on declining profits, opening up the royalty review(which has always meant raising rates). On top of this our tax on carbon is up for review on June 1. My guess is that she will expand it and charge more.

Hold on to your purses Albertans, things may get very costly here. If you can keep an eye on the Saskatchewan option. Nothead may reverse the brain drain.

Chretien's Liberals got it, Lorne Calvert's Saskatchewan NDP got it, Gary Doer's Manitoba NDP got it, Ralph Klein's PC Alberta got it. Greg Selinger's NDP doesn't get it, nor does Rachel Notley. This is why TSX is not having a good day as a result of this result.

J0E

Quote from: "Fashionista"You will be a tough act to follow..

Best of luck to Ms. Notley.

...somehow, I don't think this bodes well for Alberta.

Maybe the rest of the country.

Can't really trust the ndp to manage a wealthy province like Alberta, especially with no experience.

Makes me feel uneasy, with them getting too much too soon.

ndp is best left to small enterprises like Manitoba, Nova Scotia or PEI.

But Alberta? Hope they don't run it inta the ground.

BC's fortunes are tied to Alberta, as is much of the country.

Bricktop

RW

This is kind big news here Spec.  

I agree about only one thread though :)
Beware of Gaslighters!