Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Christmas Shopping

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2012, 01:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

i liked the posts revealing some (however small) details about each other......

i am semi retired now and work a seasonal job at a golf course. I spent the last 25 years in the financial industry. In 1984 i helped start a securities firm (one of the founding partners) in Alberta that became very successful and was bought out by TD Bank in 1991....i then started a tech company in Burnaby, developing remote credit/debit card reader and POS technology and sold it to a US firm in 1997...at the same time we were developing real estate projects across western canada and after i sold the tech company i went into real estate full time ....eventually i wound up living in asia (2000-2008) and developing projects there......i loved every minute of my career, but the most fulfilling thing in my life is the fact that all (6) of my kids are very successful and turned out as normal as can be....

Son...........Calgary...manages a home depot store

Daughter...Edmonton...doctor

Daughter...Vancouver....web designer

Son.....world traveller(Vegas).....Master Brewer, Professional Poker Player

Son(step)......Seoul.....Restaurant owner

Daughter(step)...Seoul....Dental Technician

worst night of my life......after one particularly bad market correction i had to stand up in front of 300 investors (some very close friends as well) and tell them they had lost all their money.......thankfully it was early in my career so it shaped my dealings with people for the duration.......just never ever wanted to have to do that again

Anonymous

What a remarkable career you've had Obvious Li.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Obvious Li"My/our kids are all grown up, scattered across western canada and Korea so it's just the dragon and me......we really don't do any decorating or much of anything on christmas these days...it's not a big deal in Korea so she never really got into it and i don't care anymore either...so to us it's just another day

when the kids were small xmas was a huge deal.....we always watched A Christmas Story (the one with ralphie in it) on christmas eve...i still love that movie...... opened presents early christmas morning

Hi, buddy! We love this movie too. My husband has an older brother and they both swear the story is almost their youth. They grew up around that time as well.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"My/our kids are all grown up, scattered across western canada and Korea so it's just the dragon and me......we really don't do any decorating or much of anything on christmas these days...it's not a big deal in Korea so she never really got into it and i don't care anymore either...so to us it's just another day

when the kids were small xmas was a huge deal.....we always watched A Christmas Story (the one with ralphie in it) on christmas eve...i still love that movie...... opened presents early christmas morning

Hi, buddy! We love this movie too. My husband has an older brother and they both swear the story is almost their youth. They grew up around that time as well.

Hi AA.....thats great......a real classic......my mom used to tell us all the time when we were kids not to shoot our BB guns at each other...."you'll shoot your eye out"....but we still did...hurt like hell on bare skin....lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Hi AA.....thats great......a real classic......my mom used to tell us all the time when we were kids not to shoot our BB guns at each other...."you'll shoot your eye out"....but we still did...hurt like hell on bare skin....lol

I have a feeling that you were a little hellraiser Obvious.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"

I have a feeling that you were a little hellraiser Obvious.

[/b]

LOL you don't know the half of it....hahaha.......was and still am...never seamed to mature past 18......must have been the music in 1968......the greatest year in the greatest decade in history.....my poor mother  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Frost

I have two left to shop for now :) Ill also wrap presents tomorrow evening so Ill be about ready .

Hope you all are not that stressed with Christmas .

Hey, anyone think Christmas should be every other year, or five to make it special again :)

@realAzhyaAryola

Ah, I think our world needs it each year, Bluey.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Ah, I think our world needs it each year, Bluey.

I think so too Azhya.

Frost

I think Business does, they need your money.

Maybe I just haven't had a good one for many years, and it's just got old.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"

I think Business does, they need your money.

I know it is Blue, but I still love the season

My Christmas baking, decorating our house, carols, wrapping and exchanging presents, I love it all.

My children were at my parents house this afternoon, so my husband and I went to Walmart and bought a new tree. I bought some stocking stuffers for my children too.

Here's the tree we wanted to buy, but it was too tall for our livingroom.[attachment=1]IMG_2687.JPG[/attachment]

Here's the one we bought.[attachment=0]IMG_2688.JPG[/attachment]

Anonymous

My husband's all time favourite hockey player is Mario Lemieux.

I saw a beautiful portait of Bobby Orr in a sporting goods shop in Calgary..

It was actually several pictures in one including his career statistics.

Has anyone ever seen something like that of Mario Lemieux?

My husband would love that under the tree.

It should look like something like this.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqdj-Sjple1Qw4hfOJUsmAoUfDVq8PCN6dhv_dUiafyGJjCoQK9g">

Frost

Nope, I'm done already, and don't need to spend any more money .

I saw some bargains online, but I controlled myself.

Hope you got some deals if you went out in the crazy places.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Nope, I'm done already, and don't need to spend any more money .

I saw some bargains online, but I controlled myself.

Hope you got some deals if you went out in the crazy places.

We did our grocery shopping Wednesday, so I wasn't in any stores today.

I have no idea how busy the stores were.

Frost

It was crazy here I was told, but I stayed home myself.

Maybe Monday when people is at work Ill get out, no way this weekend even if I miss a deal .

I have gotten my shopping for Christmas done anyhow, and did it all online .