The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Student Suing Misericordia University Officials After Failing to Pass Course

Started by ghost, May 13, 2015, 05:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

While it sounds crazy that a person would choose nursing as a career when they can't handle the stress of nursing school that is not the issue. The lawsuit does not concern itself with future career events or requirements. It's about what the university did or did not provide under the law to a disabled student.

The issue of her anxiety as it pertains to her future career or education is not part of this lawsuit. The Americans with Disabilities Act stipulates that it must accommodate people in the workplace and in an educational setting. That is what the lawsuit is about and not whether or not she can function in the future as a nurse.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

And I am sure she will win.  Legally, she has every right to her suit but at what point do we not accommodate disorders that could impact job performance?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"And I am sure she will win.  Legally, she has every right to her suit but at what point do we not accommodate disorders that could impact job performance?

Again her future job performance can be addressed as a separate issue. Her anxiety disorder is treatable and it shouldn't stop her from getting the education that she has chosen.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"So why doesn't she treat it then finish her education?

Because like 90% of the people in this world she wants instant gratification. It's either that or she is fucking stupid.

BTW, none of that pertains to her lawsuit either. ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"And I am sure she will win.  Legally, she has every right to her suit but at what point do we not accommodate disorders that could impact job performance?

Again her future job performance can be addressed as a separate issue. Her anxiety disorder is treatable and it should stop her from getting the education that she has chosen.

I am not unsympathetic to her illness Renee..

But, I too wonder who will she turn to when she encounters life and death situations as a nurse?

Perhaps she should seek treatment before she pursues this any further.