The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Letterman's last show ever tonight on CBS

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, May 20, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Wait.

Your President sends a farewell to one of those smarmy, sycophantic, desk riding ass lickers because he's retiring?

How many thousands of USEFUL people retire without so much as a "thank you" from a politician?

I can't STAND those "hosts" that sit at a desk, with the regimented coffee cup, reading idiotic lines from a teleprompter, and stroking celebrity egos for a living.

My sentiment exactly. These "shows" demonstrates the extent to which humans have evolved .. or maybe devolved would be more accurate.

Worse - According to several studies, a very large part of the population get most and / or all of their "news" and "views" (what to think) from these twats. No wonder government is a total clusterfuck and why we get the useless lamebrains we get into positions of power.

On the good side, keeping the masses happy keeps them off the streets and keeps us safe.

Peoples expectations and standards of what is good comedy and good entertainment have slowly declined over time such that  today they are so low that some  accept these shows as funny and good.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

I never cared much for Letterman anyways.

He was too dry for my liking and was getting rather stale in his delivery.

I never knew what others saw in this ex Weatherman.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxg0AdTWyd0

Oprah, Ellen de Generes are two others I never saw much in either.

America has odd sensibilities, what and why something or someone appeals to them, I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe these talk shows should try rotating their hosts more often, add some new faces to give the audience more variety and keep them comin' back.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Wait.I can't STAND those "hosts" that sit at a desk, with the regimented coffee cup, reading idiotic lines from a teleprompter, and stroking celebrity egos for a living.

You obviously never watched the Letterman show. He despised guests who came on just to promote a new movie/album/tv series/line of perfume etc.....

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaRxWbvXR7c

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIXYmGovaQ
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"
You obviously never watched the Letterman show. He despised guests who came on just to promote a new movie/album/tv series/line of perfume etc.....

What other reason do celebutards go on shows like his other than to promote a movie, record, book, line of clothing, perfucmes, etc.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Shen Li"What other reason do celebutards go on shows like his other than to promote a movie, record, book, line of clothing, perfucmes, etc.

Letterman re-invented the late-night format; if a guest brought nothing else except a plug, he would openly show his contempt.

He leaves a remarkable legacy:

Looking back at clips from the very early days of the '80s reminds you of not only how much he's evolved as a performer, but also of the very singular spark that's always been there. You begin to see him morph from outlandish, hilarious behavior to a slightly more reserved, more statesman-era host at the top of his game, interviewing and doing bits on the street, taped elements, etc. — all the stuff, in other words, that everybody else in the late night game would either steal or aspire to. He'd invented the formulas and set the bar for them. Letterman was how you did it. Letterman was who you'd want to emulate if you were in the game (and his fellow competitors would later acknowledge that).

And then there was his further evolution toward a wise, patriarchal presence. He showed some vulnerability, sharing personal stuff a little easier. There was the heart surgery. Then there was 9/11, after which he was the first host back on the air, getting right to the core emotion of all of it from his stage in the middle of a grieving New York City. There was, of course, the scandals of his messy personal life. Then he stopped trying to pretend about his rivalry with Jay Leno, which opened him up further to his audience. He grew into a true statesman, going from being prickly and uncomfortable talking about personal matters and authentic sentiments to someone who could give the most sincere compliment, the most heartfelt speech.

MORE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/david-letterman-legacy-saying-goodbye-796996">http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastar ... bye-796996">http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/david-letterman-legacy-saying-goodbye-796996
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li"

What other reason do celebutards go on shows like his other than to promote a movie, record, book, line of clothing, perfucmes, etc.

Nice try bob, lol

Anonymous

That is difficult to watch.

ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That is difficult to watch.

ac_unsure

Celebutards are riduculously overpaid, narcissistic, self-righteous, brain dead, wastes of fucking skin.

cc

@realAzhyaAryola

I'm with Gay BB on this. Letterman will be missed by many. He had newsmakers on his show. Don't be so bitter with newsmakers. No need to bash them nor worship them either. Whether we like it or not, there will always be newsmakers. He will be a tough act to follow. Colbert might bring something totally new and fresh. It's too bad it's always so late but I can watch it later at my convenience.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Gay BB, that was a good final show. Not too corny but real. He thanked all the staff that make his show possible and for putting up with his nonsense. That was a good top ten list and he had his family on the show as well and introduced them. He told them he loves them and thanked them for being his family, and that nothing else matters. Aw...
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Celebutards are riduculously overpaid, narcissistic, self-righteous, brain dead, wastes of fucking skin.

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about Letterman.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"That is difficult to watch.

ac_unsure

Oh, it's not all that bad, Fash. I invite you to see for yourself so that you can speak for yourself about it. If one were to ridicule anybody because they are "narcissistic, self-righteous, brain dead, wastes of fucking skin," just come to the forums. As I've said before, Letterman had newsmakers on his show and he was not "stroking the egos" of all of his guests. There were times when he was a jerk to a guest of his. Some of his guests endured some embarrassment as well. Anyway, it's okay. Letterman can't care less who likes him or dislikes him. Some of us enjoyed the show when we can.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

I didn't like how Letterman treated some of his guests which is why I didn't watch him :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola