The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's the point?

Started by Annie, May 28, 2015, 11:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

What's the point of companies offering a service but there's a catch or something.  For instance our cat, I found a retirement home for her where they take in old unadoptable otherwise healthy cats.  I contacted them and gave them all her info. They emailed me back saying it would be too upsetting for her to be relocated to there. WTF?  She's dementia so I doubt she'll even notice much.  So what's the point? Am I missing something?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Annie"What's the point of companies offering a service but there's a catch or something.  For instance our cat, I found a retirement home for her where they take in old unadoptable otherwise healthy cats.  I contacted them and gave them all her info. They emailed me back saying it would be too upsetting for her to be relocated to there. WTF?  She's dementia so I doubt she'll even notice much.  So what's the point? Am I missing something?

I am not understanding your mention Annie. My daughter define to me.
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"What's the point of companies offering a service but there's a catch or something.  For instance our cat, I found a retirement home for her where they take in old unadoptable otherwise healthy cats.  I contacted them and gave them all her info. They emailed me back saying it would be too upsetting for her to be relocated to there. WTF?  She's dementia so I doubt she'll even notice much.  So what's the point? Am I missing something?

Well if you are missing something, I must be missing it too. That doesn't make much sense.

Maybe they only take stray cats that have no family attachment. Older pets that get sent to shelters generally don't do well. It's too traumatic for them.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

I know, right? But why have a shelter/retirement home for old cats if they don't think it's a good idea to take old cats in? I thought the whole idea was for old cats who are too old to be adopted out or family giving them up. I had my hopes all up when I read about a really nice old age retirement for kitties. The owner pays a monthly fee and the kitty gets to comfortably enjoy their last years there. I also asked for a tour and visitation. This place is out in Surrey so it wouldn't be that far to travel once a week or so to visit her.  She likes anyone so I really doubt her stress would be an issue, would take her some time to get used to new surroundings but she's still pretty agile and has good eyesight. I might email them again or call and ask if we can have a "trial" and see. She just might like it.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

They always try to scam like that.. Probably enjoys some government funding..

You gotta demand things..

I would have had trouble getting insurance money if I didnt get angry immediately when the bitch of a insurance shithead started shitting me.

Called her a stupid fucking whore.

Kinda lost it there... Her supervisor helped me.. lol

Anonymous

A retirement home for kitties eh?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

A retirement home for kitties eh?

Put away the chopsticks. It's not a meat market.

Besides old cats are tough as shit. You're not going to be able to use your wok, old cat meat is to chewy for a stir fry.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Put away the chopsticks. It's not a meat market.

Besides old cats are tough as shit. You're not going to be able to use your wok, old cat meat is to chewy for a stir fry.

That's what I've heard, but I needed confirmation.

Annie

Phil O Bat

They just don't want to, so they just snatched an excuse out of thin air. Nothing more than that.
\"We are all born with a little spark of madness. And if you let them take that away from you, then you\'ve really lost everything.\" ~ Robin Williams (1951-2014)

Odinson

They get some kind of a support money and try to minimize the expenditures for maximum gain...

Its a scam IMO.

Annie

Ya, I'm thinking it's a scam too. I guess they don't like when questions are asked? The person who emailed me back wrote like they only had a grade 2 education. No punctuation or capitalization and didn't answer any of my questions. I'm curious as to how much they actually charge......