The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Yoga Stupidity

Started by RW, June 07, 2015, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Romero"Sounds good to me!

I'm not sure where I can get any though. Oh wait, there are like twenty marijuana shops within five blocks of my place. What a city!

I should drive the location you are ha ha.  ac_drinks
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Romero

I've just heard that the yoga event has been cancelled. So in conclusion, yoga is for pushovers. I've never seen anyone practicing Tai Chi back down from anything!

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Romero"I've just heard that the yoga event has been cancelled. So in conclusion, yoga is for pushovers. I've never seen anyone practicing Tai Chi back down from anything!

tai chi victorious yay. ac_dance

Romero

You are very funny, Ms. Priscilla!

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Romero"You are very funny, Ms. Priscilla!

I like to make joke Romero.  ac_drinks

Romero

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Romero"ac_smile  ac_drinks

It is Friday and let's make the party. Sample the marijuana. ac_dance

Romero

Romero

Via vaughan couvair on VF(this is from before the event was cancelled):

QuotePremier insisted on bridge-closing yoga event, says Vancouver councillor

Clark announced on June 5 that the busy Burrard Bridge will close for seven hours on June 21 for a yoga class sponsored by Lululemon and AltaGas.

The two companies are generous supporters of Clark's Liberals, having donated a combined $36,785 over the last few years.

Now they will bask in tonnes of free publicity for a PR stunt that will not only burn taxpayers for 150 grand, but will also inconvenience drivers who cross the bridge 37,000 times every Sunday.

Surely these wealthy corporations could come up with the 150 grand instead of sticking poor old taxpayers with the bill?

But it seems Christy Clark was determined to throw a bridge bash with her buddies at taxpayers' expense — and they don't seem all that Zen about it over at city hall.

"Just so you know, the premier insisted on the event," Vancouver city councillor Kerry Jang told an angry constituent, who copied me on their email exchange.

Jang said city staff tried to convince the government to hold the yoga event in a park, but the government refused to budge from the Burrard Bridge venue.

"Everyone tried to wave the province off," Jang told me. "But they kept insisting and insisting on the bridge."

He said staff eventually relented under the pressure and approved the event, adding the government then asked that elected city officials appear with Clark at her news conference to announce it.

But city officials were notably absent from Clark's news conference, and staff told me Mayor Gregor Robertson will not attend the Burrard Bridge yoga class on June 21.

Why? Because Robertson will attend events marking International Aboriginal Day instead, avoiding Clark's wastefully misplaced priority.

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Smyth+Premier+insisted+bridge+closing+yoga+event+says+Vancouver+councillor/11125879/story.html">//http://www.theprovince.com/health/Smyth+Premier+insisted+bridge+closing+yoga+event+says+Vancouver+councillor/11125879/story.html

Annie

Thank gawd it was cancelled. I've been hearing a lot of people were getting together to protest this.  That stupid woman could have created a chaotic riot with it ending up costing a lot more in security.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

ac_toofunny Wow, so much excitement and angst over yoga day. I wonder how you people would react to a real problem.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

I know, right? You'd think we just lost the Stanley Cup or something....lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

How come people are angry at the BC premier, but not Natives who threaten civil disobedience if they don't their way....AGAIN??

Annie

I didn't hear about Natives threatening civil disobedience. I heard they were just going to hold a peaceful protest with their drums and chants etc. Hubby was telling me he heard on the radio the host interviewing a Native organizer and that the host/reporter was trying to insinuate that they were going to cause trouble.  The Native rep kept telling him no, we will be peaceful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I didn't hear about Natives threatening civil disobedience. I heard they were just going to hold a peaceful protest with their drums and chants etc. Hubby was telling me he heard on the radio the host interviewing a Native organizer and that the host/reporter was trying to insinuate that they were going to cause trouble.  The Native rep kept telling him no, we will be peaceful.

Like Ipperwash and CN's main line eh? Gawd forbid the premier do anything without the permission of Natives. They were here first. They are a special race.

I'm not saying the yoga thing was particularly bright. I'm just pointing out that Native leadership is the tail that wags the dog. Makes me fucking sick.