Replies: 10408
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:56:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

As Seen On TV

Started by RW, June 07, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

TV shop things are rarely of any practical use and are only designed to feed the viewers compulsion to buy stuff.

That dicing thingy might be useful.

I have bought stuff I have seen in Nigellas kitchen.

Phil O Bat

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"Besides Keeper and his Flo-bee, has anyone bought anything from TV?  How did it work out for you?

I bought a slap chop and it sucked.

Me too. Mine sucked too.

Just about everything I bought, because of a TV commercial, sucked.

I have to go over everything I own to find one that worked out well.
\"We are all born with a little spark of madness. And if you let them take that away from you, then you\'ve really lost everything.\" ~ Robin Williams (1951-2014)

@realAzhyaAryola

My store has a section for everything AS SEEN ON TV. I'll go check it out this weekend! Woohoo!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My store has a section for everything AS SEEN ON TV. I'll go check it out this weekend! Woohoo!

There is a chain of stores called AS SEEN ON TV in the malls here.

Bricktop

The Top Ten pieces of junk sold on TV.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFEUhJe0iU

Yep...the Flobee comes in at #6. Check out the Tiddy Bear.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Sorry...

Notice...ALL American.

Those fuckers are dumber than trees.

Renee

Look at this shit "As seen on TV" Oz style

https://www.globalshop.com.au/">https://www.globalshop.com.au/

AND it's a whole shopping network advertised on a FOX affiliate no less.

I thought Rupert Murdoch and his Fox crap didn't fly with the people down under. Well maybe Fox News isn't very big with you people (although it is broadcast on three of your major pay television providers) but you sure as shit seem to be buying garbage advertised on one of the Fox affiliates.

Let's take a look at this little gizmo (the U-touch). Apparently all you do  is perform the Vulcan nerve pinch on a part of your body that is experiencing pain and the pain magically disappears.

">https://youtu.be/4URqF9a2e-s

Hey, if you were a real gentleman you would spend some of your pension dollars on that piece of shit and give it to your girlfriend for her birthday. Sorry RW, (I'm not making light of your medical issues) it's just that your boorish pet Aussie deserves this.

BTW: on an unrelated bit of info, apparently you morons down under need to be warned about dumb ways to die? See the video below from the Australian Metro. It seems that you Aussies are so BUTT FUCKING dumb that the railroad in Oz needed to produce a catchy public service announcement telling Aussies NOT TO WALK IN FRONT OF A MOVING TRAIN!  ac_lmfao And you claim that Americans are dumb.  ac_lmfao  

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxZ_ZznO2ek

Oh one more thing, do you have a big problem with people being eaten by grizzly bears in that fly bitten rat hole that you come from? Because I was just wondering why it would be in a video warning Aussies about dumb ways to die and that's just one puzzling example. Since grizzly bears are not native to OZ, what was the purpose of that? Do bears and other dangerous non-native animals routinely escape from your zoos or some shit like that?  ac_huh  ac_toofunny  

I guess it would appear that the railroad thinks the average Aussie probably ISN'T any smarter than the average bear and they would probably be right. ac_toofunny  ac_rollseyes
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Wondering how the band they hired was able to get through that without laughing their asses off, well, unless they thought it was a good idea.... ac_umm
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Good idea Renee.  My genitals are killing me!

ac_lmfao
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"Wondering how the band they hired was able to get through that without laughing their asses off, well, unless they thought it was a good idea.... ac_umm

I guess we could assume that the video was intended for a more international audience but I'm pretty sure that it's original intent was directed toward Australians. I guess Aussies also dress up like moose and wander in the woods during hunting season as well.  ac_toofunny One would think that would be more of a Canadian thing.

To be perfectly fair I have seen versions of this public service announcement performed by schools and such that are more Aussie-centric. They included such sage advice like don't pet with wild kangaroos, be careful of poisonous spiders, please bathe more than once a month and watch out for sharks while surfing.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Good idea Renee.  My genitals are killing me!

ac_lmfao

You little slut! ac_lmfao

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_lmfao

I was waiting for that to come out. Of course we know that was the original intended use... ac_biggrin
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"Wondering how the band they hired was able to get through that without laughing their asses off, well, unless they thought it was a good idea.... ac_umm

I guess we could assume that the video was intended for a more international audience but I'm pretty sure that it's original intent was directed toward Australians. I guess Aussies also dress up like moose and wander in the woods during hunting season as well.  ac_toofunny One would think that would be more of a Canadian thing.

To be perfectly fair I have seen versions of this public service announcement performed by schools and such that are more Aussie-centric. They included such sage advice like don't pet with wild kangaroos, be careful of poisonous spiders, please bathe more than once a month and watch out for sharks while surfing.

My kids sang that song constantly a while back and even insisted I watch it.  It's cute.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"

ac_lmfao

I was waiting for that to come out. Of course we know that was the original intended use... ac_biggrin

I just said what everyone else was thinking. Hahaha.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Print
User actions