Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Universal Suffrage Is Archaic And Needs To Go

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2015, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I understand

I would be a great, kind and efficient "benevolent dictator" if any countries are interested

We would be cc la femme.

ac_biggrin

Bricktop

That's insane.

Instead of extending the vote, it should be constrained. No non-taxpaying parasites. No-one convicted of an indictable crime. No Government employees, or those employed in any capacity by the Government. Age increased to 21.

MP's get 2 terms, tops, then return to whatever rock they crawled out from. President elected directly by the people (a la American). Ministers appointed by the Prez.

MP's who fail to adhere to their oath can be recalled by a petition signed by 10% of the electorate.

Bureaucrats can be voted out if they perform below public expectations, or are simply not warranted.

Anonymous

The problem with everyone votes is that idiots like Gary Joak or EU are given as much say in the matter as Aristotle. So universal suffrage is robust, but flawed. It's a great transitional method of government, because it's relatively difficult to corrupt and requires relatively minimal levels of attention to ensure everything is on the level (Or at least within a kilometre of sea level). But at the end of the day, you're leaving the rule of the land to the ignorant masses.

Now I'm not saying that the masses are stupid, I'm saying they're ignorant. And it's not really their fault. Quick: What's your nation's budget distribution? What's Canada's five biggest trade partners? What's the interest paid on the debt?

Lance Leftardashian

We should have a progressive voting system with multiple votes for some people. The higher your income the more votes you would get. Students and those on EI would earn more votes than greedy doctors, architects and CMA's.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"We should have a progressive voting system with multiple votes for some people. The higher your income the more votes you would get. Students and those on EI would earn more votes than greedy doctors, architects and CMA's.

http://chcesemizvracet.dark-net.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/internetov%C3%BD-trol.jpg">