The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
I didn't read too much in that thread because there was too much old evs stupidity in it. However, in the RW/Romero round, RW definitely emerged victorious.

ya but it's like beating up a dibbley......you win...but what's the point.....  ac_dunno ac_drinks

Every time I start feeling confident with English, a word like that comes along.  ac_unsure

well we can't say retard anymore...?????

Anonymous

I didn't read too much in that thread because there was too much old evs stupidity in it. However, in the RW/Romero round, RW definitely emerged victorious.

ya but it's like beating up a dibbley......you win...but what's the point.....  ac_dunno ac_drinks

Every time I start feeling confident with English, a word like that comes along.  ac_unsure

I understood Obvious Li's meaning.

ac_tongue

RW

It's a made up word :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't handle the Dalhousie debate.  The logic fails are a bit much for me to deal with.  *FACE PALM*

I read about it in the news, but frankly there are more important issues facing Albertans than this, so I don't know all that much about it. From what I have read, some young men who are dental students posted some crude, but obviously facetious shit about women on Facebook, some people saw it, complained and they were kicked out of their dentistry program. Am I getting warm?

I saw on CBC Calgary news that those students threatened to use chloroform to rape women.

ac_wot

I would want to know if my daughter's dentist had made threats like that.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't handle the Dalhousie debate.  The logic fails are a bit much for me to deal with.  *FACE PALM*

I read about it in the news, but frankly there are more important issues facing Albertans than this, so I don't know all that much about it. From what I have read, some young men who are dental students posted some crude, but obviously facetious shit about women on Facebook, some people saw it, complained and they were kicked out of their dentistry program. Am I getting warm?

I saw on CBC Calgary news that those students threatened to use chloroform to rape women.

ac_wot

the best thing you could do for your mental health is to ....STOP WATCHING CBC.....please

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_wot

No they didn't threaten to use chloroform to rape women.  They posted an old joke on a private Facebook group that read, "Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

QuoteDalhousie University in Halifax has launched an investigation into disturbing, sexually explicit Facebook posts attributed to male students in the faculty of dentistry, CBC News has learned.

The men were part of a Facebook group called the Class of DDS 2015 Gentlemen. The group was removed from Facebook late last week.

CBC News obtained screenshots of the group's posts, which are sexually explicit and appear to involve discussions of female classmates.

In one post, members were polled and asked, "Who would you hate f--k?" They were given two names to vote on.

Another post shows a woman wearing a bikini. The caption says, "Bang until stress is relieved or unconscious (girl)."

The screenshots also include conversations among the members in the past few days. From those images, it is clear that members of the group were concerned there had been a leak and that the school's administration was now involved.

"RED ALERT!!!!! RED F--KING ALERT!!!!!" reads one post. "Apparently one of the ladies has seen or heard something about the recent posts in the gentleman's. We have to get rid of the evidence."

The group then launched another poll asking its members whether it should "Do nothing," "Hold off unless the shit hits the fan," "Put posts on the DDS Class of 2015," or "Issue statement of some sort."

Their conversations also include jokes about using chloroform on women.

The words: "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you??" were superimposed on one photo.

In response to another photo of a bikini-clad woman, two members wrote: "Can you tell me what this chloroform smells like?" and "Does this mask smell like nitrous oxide to you?"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dalhousie-university-probes-misogynistic-student-gentlemen-s-club-1.2873918">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dalhousie-university-probes-misogynistic-student-gentlemen-s-club-1.2873918

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteDalhousie University in Halifax has launched an investigation into disturbing, sexually explicit Facebook posts attributed to male students in the faculty of dentistry, CBC News has learned.

The men were part of a Facebook group called the Class of DDS 2015 Gentlemen. The group was removed from Facebook late last week.

CBC News obtained screenshots of the group's posts, which are sexually explicit and appear to involve discussions of female classmates.

In one post, members were polled and asked, "Who would you hate f--k?" They were given two names to vote on.

Another post shows a woman wearing a bikini. The caption says, "Bang until stress is relieved or unconscious (girl)."

The screenshots also include conversations among the members in the past few days. From those images, it is clear that members of the group were concerned there had been a leak and that the school's administration was now involved.

"RED ALERT!!!!! RED F--KING ALERT!!!!!" reads one post. "Apparently one of the ladies has seen or heard something about the recent posts in the gentleman's. We have to get rid of the evidence."

The group then launched another poll asking its members whether it should "Do nothing," "Hold off unless the shit hits the fan," "Put posts on the DDS Class of 2015," or "Issue statement of some sort."

Their conversations also include jokes about using chloroform on women.

The words: "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you??" were superimposed on one photo.

In response to another photo of a bikini-clad woman, two members wrote: "Can you tell me what this chloroform smells like?" and "Does this mask smell like nitrous oxide to you?"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dalhousie-university-probes-misogynistic-student-gentlemen-s-club-1.2873918">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dalhousie-university-probes-misogynistic-student-gentlemen-s-club-1.2873918

Where are the threats you have been so effeminately hysterical over????? All I see is very questionable judgement and blatant stupidity.

Now if we are going to start classifying blatant stupidity as threats......You my friend are in deep doo-doo.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

So you don't think threats of drugging, violence and rape are a big deal, yet Munday calling fat people "whales" deeply offends you.

Since when is calling a woman a whale worse than threatening to drug and rape her?

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"So you don't think threats of drugging, violence and rape are a big deal, yet Munday calling fat people "whales" deeply offends you.

Since when is calling a woman a whale worse than threatening to drug and rape her?

What you don't seem to get or better yet, don't WANT to get, is that no one single person was threatened. You do know that credible threats of violence are dealt with legally, don't you? Since the students are not legally charged; no credible threat was uttered or verified.  ac_sothere

Thick skull much?

As for my offense taken at Munday's comments; the difference is they were derogatory comments directed toward real people. They weren't just some bad cheap shot jokes spoken in immature jest. Also they weren't threats in anyway.

Are you really this dumb or do you just play a hysterical moron on the internet?   ac_huh
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"As for my offense taken at Munday's comments; the difference is they were derogatory comments directed toward real people.

The female students at Dalhousie are also real people.

Okay, so threats of drugging, violence and rape are "cheap shot jokes" yet calling a woman a whale is a "derogatory comment".

Gee, I wonder why you only get offended when a woman gets called fat?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"As for my offense taken at Munday's comments; the difference is they were derogatory comments directed toward real people.

The female students at Dalhousie are also real people.

Okay, so threats of drugging, violence and rape are "cheap shot jokes" yet calling a woman a whale is a "derogatory comment".

Gee, I wonder why you only get offended when a woman gets called fat?

I'm not offended at the word "fat". What gave you that idea?????

In fact I use the word to describe myself all the time. Fat is not a derogatory term any more than skinny, tall, or short. It is simply the description of a physical attribute and is not derogatory unless it is used in a derogatory way.

But back to the issue; again, no credible threats were found to be evident.

I'm done responding to you on this because your refusal to face the real world legality of the incident grows very tedious. Sorry but you've just about ridden that horse as far as it will go.

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"She looks like a big fat white slob to me.

Quote from: "Renee":( I have no problem if you want to attack Ghost based on her point of view or her opinions but do you have to bring her weight or physical appearance into it? That's not becoming of the mature, rational and intelligent Shen Li I've come to respect and consider a friend.

I would hate to see what you would say about my weight if we ever come to a disagreement.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"She looks like a big fat white slob to me.

Quote from: "Renee":( I have no problem if you want to attack Ghost based on her point of view or her opinions but do you have to bring her weight or physical appearance into it? That's not becoming of the mature, rational and intelligent Shen Li I've come to respect and consider a friend.

I would hate to see what you would say about my weight if we ever come to a disagreement.

Obviously you have trouble distinguishing between words used in a derogatory way ("Big fat white slob") and those same words used in a benign descriptive way, as in (White woman, Big woman, or even Fat woman). All three of those examples, as they stand, have a benign descriptive meaning and intent. The word "slob" is the key here. It ties all three of the other descriptors together in a way that makes their meaning derogatory and offensive.

Never thought I would need to give a lesson in linguistics to over the internet before and I'm not sure if you are capable of understanding this concept. I'm kinda out of patience with you so if you get it, just stomp your foot twice for yes and if you don't, stomp once for no. That way it will save us both time and effort as you wont have to write a dumbass response and I won't have to read it.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"All three of those examples, as they stand, have a benign descriptive meaning and intent. The word "slob" is the key here. It ties all three of the other descriptors together in a way that makes their meaning derogatory and offensive.

:laugh: So you used a mathematical formula to find it offensive?

You always get upset when anybody makes fun of anybody's weight. I know it and you know it. You're going to be offended the next time!