The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

reel

that's why I should have been patient.

RW

You've given me something to think about Reel.  The trouble I have with this is evs never once tried to talk to me like I was a human being.  

I deleted my posts in a spur of the moment action because she hurt me - more than I'd ever like to admit.  I felt terribly about it as well.  It wasn't something that I did joyously.  I have said little against her unprovoked but she never stopped trying to hurt me.  I certainly never set out to destroy anything because I never wanted to see it destroyed.  To me the mere implication is not within any reality I possess.

Also Reel, she disliked me before I ever deleted anything.  She disliked me because we as a collective decided to do something about SMP, which went against her ideals.  I was a strong voice in that as I wouldn't let the subject just go by the wayside.

Anyway, now I am gone and I hope evs can heal.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"You misunderstand me Shen.  I'm not explaining or claiming real damage to the forum.  I'm only explaining why evs reacted so strongly to RW, when she does not react to characters that actually do cause damage.  What matters is not what damage RW actually did, but the perception evs holds that she was trying to do damage.

She is so fucking delusional reel.

Renee

Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "Renee"
Exactly , so spill it.

Oh fine.

As far as I have seen, there's only one way to elicit a reaction like what you have experienced here.  

Why has she not reacted this way to Leo or Gambino whom she hates vehemently?  Because that's all she has ever felt for them.  But RW is charismatic and loveable and she was loved.  I firmly believe that RW did not do what she did intentionally and does not realize that she did it, but she managed the one thing that will truly drive a person to corruption and despair in this type of environment.  She made evs deeply care about her and then she betrayed her.  This was done first by damaging the board and then by joining forces against her with a person that evs despises to further damage the board (perceptions being subjective).

Evs is not bipolar or crazy or any of the other adjectives you use to belittle her.  Though I don't expect she'll ever admit it, she's deeply wounded that someone who first caused her to love her, then slowly, but effectively crushed her.  You've all known evs for a long time and though you may disagree with her and dislike her, you know that until she abandoned it in this instance, she lived her ideal through thick and thin.  She would not do this because she wore out, or changed her mind, or just plain hates RW.  She did this out of passion because she was spurned and betrayed and she can't rationalize the hurt or see what she used to see in RW through that pain.

Anyway, that's why.  You are right that it's not rational, logical, or particularly sane, but it's about as human as you can get.

Interesting take on the situation and it would explain a few things. Especially where she says that she is dumping RW to prevent further damage to the forum as well as to "herself"

. ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Exactly , so spill it.

Oh fine.

As far as I have seen, there's only one way to elicit a reaction like what you have experienced here.  

Why has she not reacted this way to Leo or Gambino whom she hates vehemently?  Because that's all she has ever felt for them.  But RW is charismatic and loveable and she was loved.  I firmly believe that RW did not do what she did intentionally and does not realize that she did it, but she managed the one thing that will truly drive a person to corruption and despair in this type of environment.  She made evs deeply care about her and then she betrayed her.  This was done first by damaging the board and then by joining forces against her with a person that evs despises to further damage the board (perceptions being subjective).

Evs is not bipolar or crazy or any of the other adjectives you use to belittle her.  Though I don't expect she'll ever admit it, she's deeply wounded that someone who first caused her to love her, then slowly, but effectively crushed her.  You've all known evs for a long time and though you may disagree with her and dislike her, you know that until she abandoned it in this instance, she lived her ideal through thick and thin.  She would not do this because she wore out, or changed her mind, or just plain hates RW.  She did this out of passion because she was spurned and betrayed and she can't rationalize the hurt or see what she used to see in RW through that pain.

Anyway, that's why.  You are right that it's not rational, logical, or particularly sane, but it's about as human as you can get.

Interesting take on the situation and it would explain a few things. Especially where she says that she is dumping RW to prevent further damage to the forum as well as to "herself"

. ac_umm

If she wanted to prevent damage to her forum, she should have followed mimi's advice plus the advice she gives others and "take a break".

reel

Quote from: "Real Woman"You've given me something to think about Reel.  The trouble I have with this is evs never once tried to talk to me like I was a human being.  

I deleted my posts in a spur of the moment action because she hurt me - more than I'd ever like to admit.  I felt terribly about it as well.  It wasn't something that I did joyously.  I have said little against her unprovoked but she never stopped trying to hurt me.  I certainly never set out to destroy anything because I never wanted to see it destroyed.  To me the mere implication is ridiculous.

Anyway, now I am gone and I hope evs can heal.

I hope so too.

Don't think on it too long.  I don't think you have any lesson to learn.  You guys never communicated well and it led to some spectacular results.  That's about all there is to it.

RW

No, we never did communication well but I am sure there is a lesson somewhere....
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No, we never did communication well but I am sure there is a lesson somewhere....

Are fucking kidding me RW? The only takeaway from all this is not to use common fucking sense and reason on nasty  fucking lunatic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"No, we never did communication well but I am sure there is a lesson somewhere....

Are fucking kidding me RW? The only takeaway from all this is not to use common fucking sense and reason on nasty  fucking lunatic.

ac_rollseyes

RW

Well that's a lesson isn't it?!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"

Well that's a lesson isn't it?!

touche

reel

No, not really.  Sox stated multiple times that he was there to destroy the board.  I don't for a moment think he's clever enough to have planned this, but presumably by chance, he hit on (no pun intended) one of the most effective ways of doing that.  That part is very real and evs saw it.  RW did not; does not, but it is what happened.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

No, not really.  Sox stated multiple times that he was there to destroy the board.  I don't for a moment think he's clever enough to have planned this, but presumably by chance, he hit on (no pun intended) one of the most effective ways of doing that.  That part is very real and evs saw it.  RW did not; does not, but it is what happened.

Nope, the problem started when she allowed a known stalker back on the forum against the wishes of her mods and most posters. It was a slap in the face to so many people and the forum hemorraging began. Sox may have pounced on that for other reasons, but for the most part he was posting what many of us were thinking.

RW

Reel, do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?  

"I'm here to destroy the board!"  

"Um, yeah okay.  That's nice.  How about them Nicks?"

or how about...

/permaban

or....

"This one has a sense of humour!  Let's poke him with sticks!"

Did a ton of people leave because of him or because of other reasons, like hrm, I dunno, SMP?

Is the board destroyed?  

It's not a matter of what I see or don't see Reel, it's what I think is possible and what isn't.  I never once believed Leo COULD destroy anything.  That's the difference.
Beware of Gaslighters!