Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Welcome to our newest subforum

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2015, 08:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's spectacular.

http://allyoucanlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Vancouver-Public-Library.jpg">

That's where I go every weekday morning! Coffee shop to the very right.

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"It is spectacular Azhya, but is this kind of grandeur necessary?

ac_umm

When I first found out it was going to be like the Roman Colosseum, I rolled my eyes. But it's pretty nice there. I like it now.

It's a grandeur look, but it's still just concrete and glass like every other building. Too many buildings in Vancouver are boring carbon copies.

RW

I couldn't wait for them to open that Library.  I love that building so much!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Now that RDL ain't here, can we name it something better like "Naughty Squirrels" or something?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's spectacular.

http://allyoucanlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Vancouver-Public-Library.jpg">

That's where I go every weekday morning! Coffee shop to the very right.

I can see you!!!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Mitchell Library, Sydney, Australia

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZHG7y3okpXw/T_MjAgzk-9I/AAAAAAAAAoI/U39I_sbMopM/s1600/Mitchell+Library+%E2%80%93+Sydney,+Australia.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I can see SMP ^^^^

ac_toofunny

I was just thinking about that! Bizarre to know that we could be at the same place at the same time.

Anonymous

I don't get the name of this sub. But, if it keeps a few idiots from drowning good discussions, then I support it.

RW

I think it should be the Naughty Squirrels to keep on theme.

The Library came from RDL who should be in here as well because that's where he posts from.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think it should be the Naughty Squirrels to keep on theme.

The Library came from RDL who should be in here as well because that's where he posts from.

K, thanks. I knew there must be a story behind the name.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Well, Fash, your husband is a professional, right? There are professionals in the art and design industry who aim to showcase their ideas in hopes it will become well-known and popular. This is one way of doing so. Some architectural designs are just a cut above the rest. If one of your children wants to be an architect, would you discourage her? I think it's incredible what designers come up with. I admire impressive works of art.

Who doesn't appreciate impressive works of architecture AA? However, how much does it cost, who is going to pay for it and where will they get the money?

We have a museum in the Czuk that cost a fortune more than what was budgeted for it. The former mayor and the former premier had a nice photo-op/ribbon-cutting ceremony of course. Property taxes continue to rise well above the rate of inflation and the city keeps committing to these expensive unnecessary projects. This is nothing though compared to China. They know how to waste money on pet projects while enriching cronies in a way that would make our leftist city council jealous.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview