News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Aussies in NA, do you get Gravox and Vegemite where you're at?

Started by Frood, August 16, 2015, 07:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Renee"We have enough gravy powder in the US. We don't need anymore of that horrible dusty shit. We have name brands like McCormick's and every damn supermarket chain has their own brand of awful powdered, canned or jarred gravy; all of it for the most part ......vomitus.  

As for Tim-Tams; you can get them from places like Amazon but to be honest we have enough chocolate covered cookies in the US. Breaking into that market, you would just be one of dozens of other establish brands. On a personal note, if they are not significantly better tasting than say a Pepperidge Farm Milano, then you can keep it.

There are flavor differences between chocolates, gravies, and other prepared foods between different nations. For instance, I can eat American or Swiss chocolate, but I still prefer what I grew up on. Marmite is ok but it doesn't beat Vegemite in my book.

I'm aware of that.

I'm also aware that things like powdered gravies and sauces are crap and it doesn't matter where they come from,....dust is dust. Most are nothing but an ass-load of salt, artificial flavors, flour, starch and "riboflavin".....they put that stuff in cheap dog food. IMHO they are to be left on the store shelf or in the garbage where they belong, especially when "homemade" gravy is so easy to make and tastes so much better.

Besides if my mom ever saw me using a powdered gravy, she would probably tie me to a chair and beat me with a sack of oranges. :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Renee, was Chef Boyardee eaten in your house?

Was that a serious question?  :shock:

Chef Boy That Tastes like Shit was "persona non grata" in our house.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

That was for Keeper's benefit.  No self respecting Italian would eat that shit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

That was for Keeper's benefit.  No self respecting Italian would eat that shit.

I guess you are still upset about the raccoon thing?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Renee"We have enough gravy powder in the US. We don't need anymore of that horrible dusty shit. We have name brands like McCormick's and every damn supermarket chain has their own brand of awful powdered, canned or jarred gravy; all of it for the most part ......vomitus.  

As for Tim-Tams; you can get them from places like Amazon but to be honest we have enough chocolate covered cookies in the US. Breaking into that market, you would just be one of dozens of other establish brands. On a personal note, if they are not significantly better tasting than say a Pepperidge Farm Milano, then you can keep it.

There are flavor differences between chocolates, gravies, and other prepared foods between different nations. For instance, I can eat American or Swiss chocolate, but I still prefer what I grew up on. Marmite is ok but it doesn't beat Vegemite in my book.

I'm aware of that.

I'm also aware that things like powdered gravies and sauces are crap and it doesn't matter where they come from,....dust is dust. Most are nothing but an ass-load of salt, artificial flavors, flour, starch and "riboflavin".....they put that stuff in cheap dog food. IMHO they are to be left on the store shelf or in the garbage where they belong, especially when "homemade" gravy is so easy to make and tastes so much better.

Besides if my mom ever saw me using a powdered gravy, she would probably tie me to a chair and beat me with a sack of oranges. :laugh:

On the gravy powder point, I totally agree with you. However, if it's an ingredient in a comfort food such as a stock standard bakery or milk bar meat pie, it's a desirable necessity 1-3 times per year when you're far away from any bakery or milk bar which adequately makes them to a standard (no matter how low) but in a way which comforts you when you eat that crap. The same could go with lots of tinned Mexican made foods like refried beans in original lard which are moderately sold around the world, or American hotdogs made from something besides beef, pork, or major combinations of both.

It's all crap. That's the point of nationalistic comfort food.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Canned anything in our house is a rarity.