Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Alberta NDP Hires Big Money Anti-Pipeline Activist As Staffer

Started by The Langley Ladyboy, June 11, 2015, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Langley Ladyboy

This would be like Newfoundland hiring someone who was paid by foreign money to shut down it's offshore drilling. Leadnow  paid by San Francisco's left-wing Tides Foundation. Good gawd Albertans, if you don't have buyer's remorse yet you soon will.

BTW, that Shen Li is one brilliant fucking poster. ac_cool
QuoteEnergy Minister Margaret McCuaig-Boyd took heat from the Wildrose Party Thursday when it was revealed her new chief of staff was a registered lobbyist for a group that opposes the Enbridge pipeline.

Graham Mitchell served as interim executive director for LeadNow Society, according to the federal Lobbyist Registry.

LeadNow describes itself as an "independent advocacy organization." Among its lobbying activities are asking Conservative federal MPs in BC to pressure cabinet to stop the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline, and requesting that the National Energy Board factor in climate science and open hearings to the public during the Energy East pipeline review process.

"In this unstable environment we want to make sure that we're bringing investment into the province -- we don't want people leaving -- and this seems very, very uncomfortable. We just don't understand why they made this decision," said Wildrose Shadow Energy Minister Leela Aheer.

McQuaig-Boyd was brief with media before Question Period Thursday afternoon, saying she does not have all the details about Mitchell's involvement with LeadNow but that he only worked there for a few months.

"Our government has brought in people from all over the country with a variety of expertise. But right now my focus is meeting with the energy sector, looking at access for our product and building a strong energy ministry," she said, adding she has met with industry representatives twice this week.

"My staff will follow my direction."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/11/alberta-energy-minister-takes-heat-for-chief-of-staffs-anti-pipeline-lobbying">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/11/a ... e-lobbying">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/11/alberta-energy-minister-takes-heat-for-chief-of-staffs-anti-pipeline-lobbying

Phagdish Hardy

It's not just Alberta that is concerned about the lack of pipeline capacity. Saskatchewan is Canada's largest producer of conventional oil. Their energy minister has said is the greatest challenge to their long term prospects. Prices will recover, but without a way to get products to foreign markets, is bad news for all Canadians.

That Shen Li sure is one brilliant fucking poster.
NDP=New Debt Party

Anonymous

Quote from: "Phagdish Hardy"It's not just Alberta that is concerned about the lack of pipeline capacity. Saskatchewan is Canada's largest producer of conventional oil. Their energy minister has said is the greatest challenge to their long term prospects. Prices will recover, but without a way to get products to foreign markets, is bad news for all Canadians.

That Shen Li sure is one brilliant fucking poster.

Shen Li, you can be so immature sometimes.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"immature? . just a tricky licky

I'm afraid I don't know what that means cc la femme?

ac_blush

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Sell said product locally then.  DUH!

Should we do that with wheat, potash, coal, precious metals, cars and machines? Where would we be without trade?

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"immature? . just a tricky licky

I'm afraid I don't know what that means cc la femme?

ac_blush
I'm just being cutsey / silly ... and vaguely  trying to protect the iron ch-nk  . .the one who needs no protection from anyone , lol
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Should we do that with wheat, potash, coal, precious metals, cars and machines? Where would we be without trade?

I'm not saying get rid of trade but what's so wrong with using what we have on our own country?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I'm not saying get rid of trade but what's so wrong with using what we have on our own country?

Nothing, we're in agreement. Stop being so fucking difficult. ac_razz

RW

I thought maybe you had a good economic reason.  You suck!  Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Energy East would be a good start. Refineries in the maritimes and Quebec are using crude imported from some places like Venezuela and the Middle East. Get that one built soon and when people see they are not the big mean beasts that some extremists would lead us to believe then we could build more.